Mounted PK-01 to Side Rail, Fits Loosely on EAA 2001 Saiga-12

Hi Gents,

I have a side rail on my 2001 Saiga-12 imported via EAA Corp in Cocoa Beach.

I just tried fitting a PK-01V optic onto the side rail.

The level allows for lock, however, there is a good amount of wobble on the red dot optic...probably 3/16 to 1/4 inch of play...

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you need to tighten the clamp, pretty common to do that out of the box. Also keep in mind PK01-V does not have a backstop and will slide off the front of the rail. You need to align the cam in the middle of the mount to the gap in the rail and tighten it based on that position. Also not hard just slightly different than other universal AK mounts.

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWm_QupOauw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Pictorial: http://www.tantal.ka...adjustments.htm

Edited by TX-Zen

Thank you! P.S. You are THE MAN when it comes to AK optics! I have seen your posts on AR15.com and your extremely impressive optics collection. I am a Russian collector, and I appreciate the fact that you have good taste! :)

I bought a PK-01V also for my SGL-31. Can't wait to go try it out.

TX-Zen, do you have a favorite red dot aside from PK-AS? I am thinking about an OBZOR, but it is a little bulky and not sure I will have the ability to use iron sights in an emergency as a back up.

Thanks again bud. Again, you have great taste in rifles and optics.

Thanks for the compliments beer.gif

I do have a new favorite, 1P76 Rakurs ... with Obzor close behind. To me Rakurs is everything PK-AS is and more: bright sight picture, easy to acquire chevron and tritium illuminated. Tritium may not be so much fun in 10 years but for now I am really happy with it. Rakurs is simple to zero, sits centerline, is reasonably low and works well on the S12 and the SGL31. It's not quite as alien as Obzor and will be easier to get used to I think.

OTOH I had a chance to do some moving drills at close range with Obzor last weekend and was really impressed with it. I've liked it since I first got one but haven't been able to get a lot of trigger time, but friends have said it's superior to Rakurs. I can't agree yet but I'm starting to see why they think so, it handles well and is extremely easy to pick up the reticule for quick shooting. It's gotten me excited to get out and see what more it can do that's for sure.

Obzor review: http://russianoptics.net/Obzor_VoronReview.html

(btw I'm not THE MAN, I'm just a guy with a lot of optics beer.gif )

Z

Edited by TX-Zen

Thanks very much for that. Any chance on getting Voron to do a translation of PK-01V manual?

Also, any idea why French writing is used on the PK-01V? Windage and Elevation were written in French on mine..."Haut" and "Gauche"

Cheers and thanks!

Hi Gents,

I have a side rail on my 2001 Saiga-12 imported via EAA Corp in Cocoa Beach.

I just tried fitting a PK-01V optic onto the side rail.

The level allows for lock, however, there is a good amount of wobble on the red dot optic...probably 3/16 to 1/4 inch of play...

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance.

Im unsure why one would even use a red dot sight on a shotgun. Doesnt it get knocked out of whack or its up so high the sighting is way off anyhow.

Thanks. Adjusted clamp tonight. That was the fix. Used a flat blade screw driver and a small ball peen hammer and gently tapped the retainer plate to tighten the clamp down.

I had about a 1/2 inch of front to back play on the rail. That is now gone.

It seems that the optic "cams in" directly in the center of the rail, and it is a fixed mounting position.