Dad's concealed carry gun

My dad just bought a Kel Tec .380 to carry.So I wanna know if there are any problems with the gun since we've not had a chance to shoot it yet.Also,where's the best place for him to carry it??? He's bout 5'10'' and around 210.He's a building contractor so he does carpentry work every day,which means carrying things,climbing ladders,and walking alot.I suggested a Thunderwear holster system but he's not sure what he wants.

Their size allows many different modes of carry. Ankle holsters are an option but the slowest draw. There is also a wallet out there that they fit into and can be fired from when not concealed in your back pocket. Finally, I would recommend the clipdraw or similar device that allows the user to clip the gun onto their belt for inside the pants carry.

Don't forget about ammo! Since size matters and he's chosen a .380, carry defense ammo like Extreme Shock or Hydra-Shok.

Edited by KySoldier

The most important part of that gun is the ammo...it has some issues feeding snub nosed bullets like winchesters. I would really recommend trying the Extreme Shock. Mine hasn't had any troubles feeding them, and they supposedly have amazing stopping power.

A few other things that I'd suggest would be the pocket clip since it looks like a utility knife or something with it, making it even more concealed on a carpenter. I would also recommend the P-site since the gun is not that easy to aim. It will never be super accurate, it's a "point and shoot" gun, not an "aim and shoot", but the p-site still will improve accuracy. Lastly, due to the small size and light weight, I think the Hogue Jr. slip on grip makes it a tad easier to not limp-wrist it.

I'm not too familiar with the wallet holster, but I know some claim the Pocket Slipper makes it look like a wallet. An example is shown here: Pocket Slipper. The issue that most have with this, is that it makes it even harder to hold when shooting, and will increase the number of limp-wristed jams. Nobody I've talked to that has tried it has liked it, and definately DO NOT try the actual laser pocket slipper. It is super-cheap and worthless, but costs a ton more. The idea of making a gun profile like a wallet is a good one, but the laser system just isn't worth a darn, so if you choose to try this option be sure to get the pocket slipper sans laser.

Finally, I'd suggest lots of practice to find out its quirks if it has any. Some people have issues with the magazine dropping out of the gun during fire, others need to teflon coat the internals, others need to figure out what ammo it likes, some need to alter the feed ramp and ejector, etc. It's a finicky gun, but if you get it working reliably, it's great: affordable, super-concealable, light, etc.