How to deal with corrosive primer issue

Read on another forum about this and wanted to share. Probably just another repost but I did search a few times and nothing came up, so sorry if its a multiple. Mods delete if so. Hope this helps some people out.

From the OP:Tomovich:

My good friend Mike Venturino (gun magazine writer and father of BPCR) and I have a trick for dealing with the hassles and misery of shooting with BLACK POWDER (and cleaning up afterwards) and this corrosive combloc ammo is NOTHING compared to all black powder. This Russky (Yugo, whatever) stuff is smokeless powder with corrosive PRIMERS only. Here's the simple secret.....................

When you go out for a shooting session, bring about 5 or 10 rounds of regular noncorrosive ammo with you. That's it. In this case Wolf or it's equivalent. After your all done shooting, load up the non corrosive ammo and blast away. It will clean/burn out all the corrosive bad stuff (at least by 90% if not more) and allow you to sit your rifle /pistol in a corner and not clean up right away (or at all). The only place on the weapon I'd be worried about AT ALL might be, possibly, the gas tube because of some blow by. But trust me, this technique DOES WORK and is oh so simple

and another guy wrote:

It does work,but I usually start and finish with a few rounds of non-corrosive.The Wolf will coat everything with residue before the corrosive stuff can

Not sure if it really does as I dont own a 5.45 or shoot corrosive ammo, but its good info and I thought Id share. .

• Like 3