WTB: Saiga .223 mags, and scope mount

Hi, im looking for saiga .223 mags... hi cap (if you have one!), or 10 round. I am also looking for a scope mount and scope! I have paypal ready to go, so please get back to me ASAP!

Thanks,

Matt :killer:

Matt, there are no Saiga brand high capacity magazines for the .223. Several magazines can be converted to use but require the use of a bullet guide (per the conversion steps I shared with you in another post) or you can wait for BattleRifleG3 to complete his project which as I understand it, will entail a drop in device allowing the use of a slightly modified Ruger .223 high cap. magazine. See his thread under the .223 section.

EAA, the prior distributor released a very limited quantity of 7.62 high capacity magazines for the S- 7.62 rifle. But they have long been sold out and are greatly valued by those who own them and do not wish to do a conversion on their rifle. On the otherhand, after conversion including installation of a bullet guide in the 7.62 it is relatively easy to convert a standard AK magazine for use in the converted 7.62.

The purpose of the conversion is twofold: One it allows for AK configuration and two, by installing the requisite number of US parts and limiting the number of foreign parts to no more than ten, the rifle is considered US made and you are free to use any modified mag you wish. The law you must be concerned with is known as 922r.

As IndyArms and I suggested in the prior thread read through the historical threads. There is a wealth of information that will save you alot of time and trouble including law violations that could result in confiscation of your weapon, fines, and perhaps even jail. This is tricky business. Do yourself a favor and get educated before you try to jump in with both boots.

As far as mounts go Indy owns and recommends this mount. The price is right and apparently the quality is good as Indy has put his stamp of approval on it.

http://www.eastwave.ca/products/scopes/mountsksak.html

Wolverine :smoke:

Edited by Wolverine

woulverine, TYVM... as far as the bullet guide, is it a hard conversion to do... I have only been shooting for a couple months, and like i had said earlier, i dont even have my saiga yet to look at it. im checking out the scope mount now.

Ps. I have looked at the FAQ's so to say about the mag conversion, and from wehat people say, it is not hard, but from what i am reading, it seems alot harder than what people are saying!.

Thanks again

Matt

Also woulverine, do you reccomend the low rise mount or the high rise?

Thanks again!

That depends on if you want to use the iron sights or not. If you dont plan on using the Iron sights with the scope attached go for the low rise mount as I think they look better.

+1

i have my black powder rifle w/ iron sites... so i will go witht hwe low rise for the saiga... also, on the one that woulverine showed me, how come there is only one scope ring on the mount?

that one "ring" is actually the reflex sight that is mounted on the rail. Click HERE

Its the same mount just without a sight mounted on it. To mount a scope, you would need to get a set of weaver rings. You can get em at walmart. About $7. I just picked some up yesterday. Most red dot sights come with weaver mounts built it.

I also can vouch for that mount. I use it on my x39 with a BSA red dot sight and it is wonderful. Holds an excellent zero

woulverine, TYVM... as far as the bullet guide, is it a hard conversion to do... I have only been shooting for a couple months, and like i had said earlier, i dont even have my saiga yet to look at it. im checking out the scope mount now.

Ps. I have looked at the FAQ's so to say about the mag conversion, and from wehat people say, it is not hard, but from what i am reading, it seems alot harder than what people are saying!.

Thanks again

Matt

If you follow the steps in the conversion link it is not hard to do. if you run into questions there are many guys here ready to help. I have done three conversions so far and I am not the most mechanical guy you have ever met. If I can do it you can too. If you absolutely refuse to do it yourself there are a couple of FFL dealers who can do it for you. I believe Firefly has a good reputation and will do it pretty reasonable. I think Rick-16 on this board has a FFL and he does all kinds of quality custom stuff to the Saigas. Then there is Elite FireArms and Krebs but those are on the steeper side of price. Nonetheless they turn out nice products.

For what you have invested already you should give it a try yourself. You can dor it. Save your money for US parts and high cap magazines. Once you get the bullet guide in contact either myself or COBRA76-two and we can tell you how to modify a Bulgarian 30 round .223 waffle to work in your rifle. You also can use other mags as shown in the conversion steps.

If you want additional 10 round mags for the .223 try tantal's web site. His prices are reasonable and his service is quick. He is an honest guy. He sent me back a $5 bill wrapped around some shotgun mags I ordered and (over)paid for using Paypal.

http://www.tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/

.223 10 rounders cost more than the 7.62's. CDNN sells the 7.62's for $15 each. The .223's are harder to find and retail betwen $25 and $28 each.

The converted 30 rd Bulgarian is $20 each plus shipping. Other hi-caps cost less but require more tinkering to work.

Stick around and enjoy the forum.

Wolverine :smoke:

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.