Should I trade for this MAk90?

This a mak90 milled receiver and i think it is polytech because it has 386 marking in oval on the receiver. For this trade he wants my wasr 10/63 and my unconverted saiga12.

He will add $150 cash+ four loaded steel mags to the mak90. What do you say?

1340580632_0.jpg

1340580632_1.jpg

1340580632_2.jpg

I would say you should trade. A S-12 is worth $600 and a WASR is worth $400. Both of those can easily be replaced, a new milled MAK can't. After you consider the $150 and the four loaded mags, you are getting a milled AK for $800 and that is a good deal. Tell him you want $200 cash and I'll bet he will still do it.

I wouldn't. I still see Mak-90's locally every now and again, every other month or so. Most I would EVER give for a MINT Mak would be $650. Most sell around $550-$600.

(386) is the Polytech Arsenal.... 95% of all milled Mak's came out of there, doesn't mean a thing when you start talking Polytechs and/or Legends.

• Like 1

I wouldn't. I still see Mak-90's locally every now and again, every other month or so. Most I would EVER give for a MINT Mak would be $650. Most sell around $550-$600.

(386) is the Polytech Arsenal.... 95% of all milled Mak's came out of there, doesn't mean a thing when you start talking Polytechs and/or Legends.

Damn! I would love to buy a milled mak for $550!

I love MAKs in general, and milled MAKs in specific, and generally recommend people pick up at least one, due to their usually excellent fit/finish/feel. Unfortunately I don't think that I would with this specific deal, unless he is willing to throw more cash your way. That MAK is worth on average about $650-$700.00. Do the math. Good luck with it either way you go.

I am a bit biased because I generally don't like Chinese AKs and consider them very overrated. I would say no, primary reasons being that it has a slant-cut receiver, lacks barrel threading. and appears to lack the detent pin on the front FSB.

If you want a milled AK, keep an eye out for one of the Century Polish M1960 rifles. These are about as close as you'll get to a Type-3 AK-47 without paying out the nose for an Arsenal milled rifle or a pre-ban milled Chinese.