Do saigas typically shoot low? I've put two different sights on my .223 yielding the same results. Not sure whats going on, but I'm getting frustrated. I am bottoming out on two different red dots, I aim, dead center and i'm hitting about a foot low. Like, I said I can't adjust the sight anymore...not sure if I'm doing something wrong or even how to correct the problem. Would putting a riser under my sights aleiveate this? Please help!

btw, my range is only like 40-50 yards. I have to place the bottom of my retical (holographic sight) at the top of the target to even put the hole on the paper. I'm not a marksman and have no desire to be, just want a reliable self defense weapon with the occasional target shooting.

I doubt that it's your sight, especially since you used two different ones. More likely the side rail ain't quite parallel (I assume you're using that, you didn't say) or the mount that you're putting on the rail could have the same problem.

Sounds like the rail isn't parallel to the barrel.

I don't own a TWS or Beryl-type rail, but you may be able to shim it if this is the case, with a thin washer shim between the rail and the stock tang where it is secured.

Edited by mancat

How is your trigger pull? If your anticipating recoil and flinching then you could be pulling your gun down without realizing it.

Also, I have had various red dots/holographic sights that the direction of adjustment was backwards from the arrow printed on the adjustment screw...just a thought.

Would I want to raise it at the tang though? How can I check to see if it is parralel? Using a framing level?

What Liberty said. Don't worry about checking to see if it's parallel, because it isn't. Just shim it and see if that will get you back into the adjustment range of the sight.

Baryl mount needs to be shimmed up at the rear with a washer or two.

• 4 weeks later...