Light laser ?

I was at wal mart today and picked up a carry bag for my saiga .223 (SVD Saiga stock , Sgm30rd , Tapaco Handguard)

(got a Winchester one for $11 lol !)

I was about to buy a laser / light that I saw for $29 .... I am not into the tacticool look -- but for home defense I thought a light laser mounted under the handguard might be a good addition ...

Do you guys know if these types of laser/light combos will attatch to the Tapaco handguard ? The box said "fits all weaver style rails" but I wasn't sure so I didn't grab it.

Any recommendations will be appreciated ..

+1 for a better laser. there are several great manufacturers to choose from. my biggest gripe with items that are this affordable, is that the durability is what i would find questionable. if it wont hold a zero, its useless.

I think lasers at interior home defense range on a carbine are ridiculous....

I run a light on my AR and AK for low/no light shooting... I run the lights tight to the handguard so my thumb is right there... fast.. and useful... when I shine my light on a target at interior home defense ranges.. the center of the light is pretty much a center mass hit... shine light on center mass of target.. shoot.. hit.. no need for a laser...

get a GOOD light.. not some cheap junk..

if you want REALLY fast target acquisition run a light and a red dot..

saiga762finalvlad4.JPG

msaak.jpg

• Like 2

if i was wanting a laser, id opt for a combo light/laser. but def. dont cheap out. a quality light will work wonders. a quality laser will hold zero and have better range and be brighter/easier to aquire.

but for home defense, id prolly opt for what vlad was stating and stick with a good weapon light. seems to be a better tool for HD.

Awesome responses !

Vlad , that's an awesome setup -- are those mounted on an Intrafuse handguard ? And can you recommend me a good light ?

I had a truglo hologram red dot/green dot on my wasr and liked it .. but they are pretty cheap I should save for an aimpoint

From the looks of the pic Vlad is running a Surefire 6P LED (possibly) on a VLTOR mount. Just look at the Lumens. The larger the number the more the throw and brightness.

I use the Fenix TK 15 myself on the S12. It is a 4 setting tactical light (5, 47, 143, 337 lumens) so it's adjustable to the situation. I use 47 or 143 indoors. 337 lumens wil blind anyone at night and ruin night vision for a few minutes but will throw a beam out to 215 meters. So having the ability to dial it down helps when you're indoors.... but outside helps to spot with.

A good CREE/LED light is in the neighborhood of $70-$99.

Awesome responses !

Vlad , that's an awesome setup -- are those mounted on an Intrafuse handguard ? And can you recommend me a good light ?

I had a truglo hologram red dot/green dot on my wasr and liked it .. but they are pretty cheap I should save for an aimpoint

it is a Kvar AK handguard with an Ultimak rail.. and as pointed out a VLTOR offset light mount.. it is quick release... the light is a standard surefire.. not even LED... I purchased most of my surefire lights before the whole LED crazy... it works just fine and has held up well...

I have not switched to LED because for my purpose the light in plenty bright enough.. but any surefire light is good.. I hear good things about fenix as well but have no personal experience..

the goal of my gun is to be light and fast.. when you hold the handguard your thumb is right near the light.. and it is all tight to the gun so you are not snagging all all these goofy extra parts sticking off..

simple and fast..