.410 shotgun or calibre??

since .410 is actually a calibre and not a guage ive heard you can use larger mag caps than apply to the shotguns,

my question is.....during deer season the lower part of my state is "shotgun only" sooo, does that mean technically i cant deer hunt with my .410??

most of our dnr are pretty cool individuals but if i run into the one storm trooper that wants to power trip what can happen?

i have larger guage shotguns but my .410's are my weopon of choice for everything, you just have to have a little better bead on your small game

It sould say in your local game regulations what guns/gauges may be used legally during shotgun season. Most all shotgun seasons that I am aware of include .410 in them. What you need is the magazine capacity afield. Here where I am, it is 2 or 3 rounds or something for shotgun season. That is just my particular county. Some seasons are different than others in the same place even with mag cap. limitations. You DO NOT want to have a magazine in your possession that can accept more rounds than allowed for the game season while you are AFIELD. Whether you hunt or not doesnt matter in some stricter counties. Call your game warden up and ask them, or the sergeant at arms at the local trooper barracks or sheriff's office. Im in an area where the police can be very hard on people, and they are always very nice when I have called and asked them about things like that to protect myself and prevent a disastrous problem for myself. If you honestly dont know, and think you might be in a position to violate the law, and you ASK first, the police HAVE to tell you the deal by law, and almost always will be very nice about it. Call during work hours and not on a friday night or something so there is someone there to answer your questions.

Edited by Bvamp