CAN ANYONE ADVISE ?

I'm a member on the site and although this isnt a NFA question , I figured there might be some that could advise due to their expertise on gun laws.I don't mean to post out of section but i just wanted to see if some could assist. The state of NY has no real laws regarding sales of shotguns or rifles, let alone a C/R firearm.My brother is a Vietnam veteran and loves any C/R firearm and this would truly make him very happy, here's my situation:

I live in Fl and own a C/R rifle Swedish Mauser M41B Sniper Rifle. My brother who resides in NY state who has a concealed carry permit and legal to own firearms in his state (NY) wants to buy it when he comes to visit.I have researched thru BATF site that it would be legal for him to purchase and drive home with it due to its C/R status. Being it a C/R rifle, I think i have interpreted the law correct, can anyone advise if i am wrong. We would do all the proper paper work required for purchase n FL. I purchased the gun thru Samco a few months ago and he fell in love with it so i figured i would sell it to him. Any advise to clear the air would help tremendously, Thank you

I'm a member on the site and although this isnt a NFA question , I figured there might be some that could advise due to their expertise on gun laws.I don't mean to post out of section but i just wanted to see if some could assist. The state of NY has no real laws regarding sales of shotguns or rifles, let alone a C/R firearm.My brother is a Vietnam veteran and loves any C/R firearm and this would truly make him very happy, here's my situation:

I live in Fl and own a C/R rifle Swedish Mauser M41B Sniper Rifle. My brother who resides in NY state who has a concealed carry permit and legal to own firearms in his state (NY) wants to buy it when he comes to visit.I have researched thru BATF site that it would be legal for him to purchase and drive home with it due to its C/R status. Being it a C/R rifle, I think i have interpreted the law correct, can anyone advise if i am wrong. We would do all the proper paper work required for purchase n FL. I purchased the gun thru Samco a few months ago and he fell in love with it so i figured i would sell it to him. Any advise to clear the air would help tremendously, Thank you

Give it to him as a gift000.gif and if he happens to leave some money on the nightstand....oh wellrolleyes.gif

A rifle or shotgun can be bought out of state. A pistol can,but the transfer must be made by shipping it to an FFL. Your brother must follow the guidelines and laws while traveling through other states though, and some of them are F'ed up. You can gather the different state's legal information from the NRA-ILA website. Click on the "gun laws" tab, at the top, in the blue banner.

http://www.nraila.org/

http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/articles/2010/guide-to-the-interstate-transportation.aspx

Edited by Yeoldetool