wassup everybody

i am just checking in. this is my first post on the forum even though ive trolled here alittle, i figured id intorduce myself

my name is Terre im 25 and i live in central Minn. ive recently picked up a nice lightely used S-20, while bolth my older and younger brothers have S-12's. ive only had my saiga for about 2 weeks and of course im already half way through a pistol grip conversion. :haha:

ive noticed a few people on here looking for high cap mags, (which are obviously hard to get) but i have a friend that has recently moved to russia (lucky for us) he agreed to send a few back to me. i figured i ask on here and see if anyone is looking to pick some up. although i have not yet looked into the legalities of importing such gun parts :unsure: any input would be apriciated. :angel:

thanks in advance and we'll see ya around :super:

As long as the value per package is less than $100 - no problems...otherwise there's a declaration form (#6?) from the ATF that needs to be filled out. The info's on this site somewhere...

BTW welcome to the forum!

Edited by dinzag

Yep. As Dinzag said. Often packages are split into mag-body in one, and follower/spring/floor plate in another. It'd be very tough to argue that either single package is worth over $100 even in this dry market. I'd be super interested if you get things up and running, however I will warn it's still tough to find many magazines. There's many distributors that don't even get enough. But if you can, I'll be the first in line. Let us know!

Yep. As Dinzag said. Often packages are split into mag-body in one, and follower/spring/floor plate in another.

so your sayin send them in parts.......... thats a good idea :blues: i wouldnt really plan on importing alot and i personaly would rather not see a profit, at least not from the ones sold to anyone thats been on this forum before i got here. "he" (scott, the guy in russia) will probebly want alittle somthing for his time but i can work that out with him later. and im sure we'll probebly sell a few on ebay and gunbroker :zorro: , but basicly i need to tell him a number of how many to send back. i dont want any money up front, i know i can get my money back for them if i put my own money up. i just need to tell him what sizes and how many.... and another thing if anyone is looking for a saiga .410 the place i bought my s-20 from had two of them sitting there at the time on thier "sale" rack if anyone is looking for one ill give ya the phone number

Welcome madtdogs!

Did you happen to pick this S20 up at the Hutchinson gun show a few weeks back? If so, I saw ya get it. I was just about to ask the guy what he'd take...:super:

This is definately the right place to be to learn about these very cool guns. If you have any questions about the conversion, you can find the answers here. Feel free to pm/email me.

Jeric

Welcome madtdogs!

Did you happen to pick this S20 up at the Hutchinson gun show a few weeks back?

Feel free to pm/email me.

Jeric

cool thanks man. i was kinda hoping to meet some local saiga'ers on here. unfortunatly that wasnt me in Hutch, i bought mine at shooting sports in little falls. mine was the last S-20/12 they had...... they did still have two S-.410's though, and my S-20 was used, so im figuring that they have a few go through there now and agian, in used form.

we should maybe go shooting some time. I have a small army of friends that enjoy blowing crap up with shotguns. next time we all go out ill PM ya

:super:

Edited by madtdogs

Great to see a couple more minnesota boys in here!! I live In north central MN. If you're in little falls I'm not too far away> Drove down to Sugar daddies last saturday. A blast as usual even without the booze. R&R arms here in my town is a great resource for every thing that goes boom(except saiga mags, They sold out awhile back, maybe some .223 left) check out www.r&rarms.com. If you give bruce a call he'll do his damnedest to get what you need. Ive got a couple of 8 rounders on the way from Acca but I wouldn't turn down some more. feel free to e-mail me also.

Great to see a couple more minnesota boys in here!! I live In north central MN. If you're in little falls I'm not too far away> Drove down to Sugar daddies last saturday. A blast as usual even without the booze. Ive got a couple of 8 rounders on the way from Acca but I wouldn't turn down some more. feel free to e-mail me also.

its pretty cool to see this many locals on a national forum like this, kinda makes me feel all warm and fuzzy :rolleyes: but anyway we should maybe all get togeather and blast some clays or somthing somtime. im pretty much always up for some :killer: and/or beer drinking :P i actually live in Rice 'bout 15 miles south of little falls. ive been talking to my buddy scott (hes the one is russia) and he found a place thatll sell him saiga clips 8/10rnds so hopfully i can score a bunch pretty soon( soon as in before deer hunting opener :super: )

Deer season (rifle, shotgun, pistol) just opened here on Sat. I would be interested in a couple of 8 rdrs. Maybe a 10 if I can get over how dorky they look lol. Wow sounds like you guys could start your own Team Saiga chapter up there :super:

Welcome aboard madtdogs!

ohh yea i forget some people on here arnt from around here (mn) :unsure: how long does the season go in NC? and what do you use for hunting?...... if ya dont mind me askin :devil:

we here in MN dont really have much to do besides shoot guns and drink beer :chris: so this stuff is right up our alley :zorro:

Our deer season runs Sept. 10th-Oct. 7th for bow and arrow, Oct 8th - the 14th for muzzleloaders, and regular firearms runs from mid Oct thru Jan 2nd in my part of the state (eastern). I use either my SKS, AK, or this year I'm going to try and get one with my S-12 and maybe my S-410.

Beer is in season 24-7, 8 days a week, year round though! :super:

Edited by Cobra 76 two

where i go its shotgun/pistol only, so the Saiga's come in really nice. even though last year i off'ed bambi with my .454 tauraus Casull :smoke: i kinda felt like dirtty harry :smoke:

as far as the beer goes it kinda has its seasons (at least for me) though its never out of season, the bottle bass seem more popular come ice fishing season, and the cans come more into play during the summer months since bolth the park that rents the tubes for floating down the river, and the officials at the BIR camp grounds dont allow glass :rolleyes:

MN. locals on the forum does kick ass!! I've got a buddy that owns a house in little falls so if you can get me a couple of 8 round Saiga-12 mags we'll happily take a weekend road trip to pick them up, do some shooting, and raise some hell at the titty bar. We'll even bring the beer if you introduce us to some local hotties. Shit man we'll bring it either way, but help leading some "respectable" young ladies astray is always appreciated. keep me posted