Part 2 of Magpul Remington 870 forend mod for Saiga-12

haha.gifhaha.gifhaha.gif

I've had to warranty 3 total units out of well over 100 since I began and 2 of them ended up mentioned on youtube. lol

And people wonder why I'm so anal on doing things ways that take 2-3 times as long as standard....

Murphy's law. That's why.

It's a good thing though.

That, was the Left side charger that led to me reengineering all left side charger installations to this to make them virtually indestructible sans a sledgehammer, as opposed to welding a butt-weld to the most convenient spot on the left side at the front of the carrier by the trunnion;

004-2.jpg

Have you torture tested the hell out of it?

Offer still stands. $100.00 if you can get the welds to fail. smile.png

That thing'll even stand up to beating it with full power with the gas wide open. The carrier's shaft will break before a handle will ever have issues again.

That was also the instance that ultimately led to the upgrade of the factory left side mount increasing the base first like this;

Millmessedupbolt0341024x818.jpg

And enlarge the vertical charger's mounts, extending them rearward at the carrier as well as increasing their size 200% each way like this, making them bar-none the most durable VCH out there.;

Chargerbasecomparison.jpg

007-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

009.jpg

No matter what the abuse these get.... There damn sure ain't gonna be another youtube video haunting me over that shit.

• Like 1

haha.gifhaha.gifhaha.gif

I've had to warranty 3 total units since I began. 2 ended up mentioned on youtube. lol

And people wonder why I'm so anal on doing things ways that take 2-3 times as long as standard....

Murphy's law. That's why.

That, was the Left side charger that led to me reengineering all left side charger installations to this to make them virtually indestructible sans a sledgehammer, as opposed to welding a butt-weld to the most convenient spot on the left side at the front of the carrier by the trunnion;

004-2.jpg

Have you torture tested the hell out of it?

Offer still stands. $100.00 if you can get the welds to fail. smile.png

That was also the instance that ultimately led to the upgrade of the factory left side mount increasing the base first like this;

Millmessedupbolt0341024x818.jpg

And enlarge the vertical charger's mounts, extending them rearward at the carrier as well as increasing their size 200% each way like this, making them bar-none the most durable VCH out there.;

Chargerbasecomparison.jpg

007-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

009.jpg

No matter what the abuse these get.... There damn sure ain't gonna be another youtube video haunting me over that shit.

After this Tactical Response Fighting Shotgun course I'm going to at the beginning iv November I'll probably send my bolt back to you to get it polish cleaned up. How much will a re-polish run me?

After this Tactical Response Fighting Shotgun course I'm going to at the beginning iv November I'll probably send my bolt back to you to get it polish cleaned up. How much will a re-polish run me?

If it were a warranty thing, as you know, it'd be free & I'd reimburse shipping, but for just cleaning it up, call it $15.00 + $15.00 shipping.

You could clean it up yourself with a simple cloth wheel on any grinder though.

The resurfacing of the carrier & profile of the bolt is what takes time, and that's all already done. Micro-scuffs from heavy use can easily be taken out with a cloth wheel & buffing compound in a few minuets.

The hard part of IceRack is getting it from this, how it comes, refined to this.

Just place part of the carrier on the bench, and tilt it into the cloth-wheel. With your arm thing, do make sure the grinder is bolted to the bench so the cloth wheel can't catch, spin the machine, and land a powered-up grinder in your lap... That could be a real weenie shrinker 015.gif

(I had to stitch up my knee after getting bit by a grinder like that, so it's still fresh in my mind.)

Just out of curiosity though..... I'm guessing that after that failure is when you chose to swap to the auto-plug so you wouldnb't have to go through hell switching gas settings, right?

I noticed the transition from V-Plug to auto in your videos, was right after the range-trip where the first one gave up the ghost.