One more build / mod on my list

I’ve kind of developed a liking of the 6.5 Grendel caliber from the AR build I did in that chambering. Shoots great and hits with plenty of authority. Did the build cause I’d never done an AR build before and it was on my “bucket list”. Now have done 2 ARs and realized I’ve never done a bolt action build either.

Been reading about swapping the 7.62X39 CZ 527 carbine to the 6.5 Grendel not really much more than a barrel swap but it’s a start in what could be bigger a fun build. Don’t know if without going with a longer barrel like 24” or so the swap would be worth it but it’s now on my possible to do list. The reasonably priced CZs have a great action and trigger the bolt face works with the Grendel so I’m going to study the barrel lengths to ballistics a while to get a feel if it’s worth putting about a grand in the project.

May just get the 7.62X39 CZ and leave it as is, I don't have anything left in that caliber right now.

post-26137-0-55824100-1351180387.jpg

post-26137-0-59974900-1351180408.jpg