Vepr 12 Cerakote / rails

I'm going to cerakote my V12. However I have a concern about the plastic that is used. Does anone know its formulation? It needs to be able to hold up to about 200 degrees for a few hours to be Cerakoted.

My other options are: Remove the rail by drilling out the rivets that hold it in place or use the air dry cerakote. I will likely drill out the rivets and replace them with Pem flush mount studs as I don't like air dry cerakote as much.

Ideally, the plastic would hold up to the heating so if anyone knows or has experience with this, let me know.

Also, I like the hand guard the V12 comes with, but I am going to add Tapco rail segments to make it look like the European version of the V12. Just thought I'd pass this along as it is a lot cheaper than buying a whole new quad rail and I think the factory hand guard is a great platform to start with.

I'm going to cerakote my V12. However I have a concern about the plastic that is used. Does anone know its formulation? It needs to be able to hold up to about 200 degrees for a few hours to be Cerakoted.

My other options are: Remove the rail by drilling out the rivets that hold it in place or use the air dry cerakote. I will likely drill out the rivets and replace them with Pem flush mount studs as I don't like air dry cerakote as much.

Ideally, the plastic would hold up to the heating so if anyone knows or has experience with this, let me know.

Also, I like the hand guard the V12 comes with, but I am going to add Tapco rail segments to make it look like the European version of the V12. Just thought I'd pass this along as it is a lot cheaper than buying a whole new quad rail and I think the factory hand guard is a great platform to start with.

The factory is nice and the little side rails are great to hang your thumb over with an AFG :)

IMHO, plastic is the same as on hand grip, hand guard and mags, but rails has steel inserts. You can try on your handgrip if will be something wrong change it hugue ak-47 grip.

When I duracoated My Veprs, hanguards as well as handgrips were dried in kitchen oven around an hour on 100 Celsius.

Anyway, try on the detail that cost less! Handgrip - is the cheapest ;)!

IMHO, plastic is the same as on hand grip, hand guard and mags, but rails has steel inserts. You can try on your handgrip if will be something wrong change it hugue ak-47 grip.

When I duracoated My Veprs, hanguards as well as handgrips were dried in kitchen oven around an hour on 100 Celsius.

Anyway, try on the detail that cost less! Handgrip - is the cheapest wink.png!

That sounds like good advice. Also the grip is available here in the US and so far the rest is not.

My gut feeling (for what that's worth) tells me that 200 degrees which is below the boiling point of water should pose no problem.

Edited by defequisimo
  • 2 weeks later...

From here

Socom Blue Cerakote barrel and receiver

Titanium Cerakote Bolt / Carrier

Graphite Black Cerakote Furniture internals and E-Tac muzzle device

Tapco rails added to factory stock

DPH stock and Ace folding Mechanism

Tig welded rear receiver for folding mech.

Aimpoint Comp M2

Tapco trigger system

Shot peened bolt lugs and face

AK Sling

Its the bake on Cerakote. I removed everything down to the rail on the dust cover. Milled out the rivets and replaced them when done. From the factory, their is not coating under the rail on the dust cover and I want as much protection as possible.

post-41717-0-60357200-1351969254_thumb.jpeg

post-41717-0-15004700-1351969295_thumb.jpeg

Edited by PapaZorro