WTS: M1A forward barrel rail mount for aimpoint

I just bought my Sage int'l "chopmod" stock from clyde armory. So the rail mount that comes on the Springfield M1A squad Scout came off, as did stock and the top handguard. So I'm selling the mount. Th mount clamps on to the barrel directly by way of 6 allen screws, and is mil-spec 1913 picatinny rail. the rail is 4" long. inside diameter is 5/8". this is perfect for the staock M1a you have, with some cutting of the top handguard you can fit to your rifle. it can also be modified for the siagas either 308 or 762s. the asking price is 100$ shipped CONUS

I will accept paypal or money order. Thanks!

I just bought my Sage int'l "chopmod" stock from clyde armory. So the rail mount that comes on the Springfield M1A squad Scout came off, as did stock and the top handguard. So I'm selling the mount. Th mount clamps on to the barrel directly by way of 6 allen screws, and is mil-spec 1913 picatinny rail. the rail is 4" long. inside diameter is 5/8". this is perfect for the staock M1a you have, with some cutting of the top handguard you can fit to your rifle. it can also be modified for the siagas either 308 or 762s. the asking price is 100$ shipped CONUS

I will accept paypal or money order. Thanks!

Bravo 26,

I bought a Socom-16 and Scout Squad in the last several months. I love them both. What is this "chopmod" stock you installed? You got a picture or web site? Thanks.

Wolverine :smoke:

Shit yeah, Wolvie..youre gonna LOOOOVE this:

http://www.policeguns.com/shop/default.cfm...9&SubCatID=117#

Clyde armory sells them for around 700.00. A buddy of mine in 20th group SF is in iraq right now, and he's dropping them like flies over there with his 20"bbl scout with this setup and the ACOG TA-11E.

some shit hot gear, man...call clyde armory..they are in Athens, GA ..Talk to a guy named Josh..he seems pretty cool to deal with

follow the links page on the right hand side of thier website to a page called tactical works, or something like that..it has the review and T&E of the EBR and CHOPMOD stocks..w/ full specs, wieght, lenght, etc...

and wipe up the drool when yer done!! :super:

Edited by Bravo 26

Pretty cool accessories.......but steep on price. Between the rifle and CHOPMOD option you can have well over $2000 tied up in one rifle. Would be great for any tactical role though. If I was in the sandbox I would want a dressed out M1A in .308 too. That round has the horsepower to get the job done. :super:

PS...tell your buddy not to notch his rifle but to add a video camera to the rail so we can enjoy the housecleaning too. :lolol:

Springfield does offer a tactical rail system for the Socom-16. Not as slick as the CHOPMOD system though. Review link follows for interested readers:

http://www.tacticalworks.ca/content_sub/sa...mod_review.html

For now I am saving my shekels for a J.L.D. G-3 clone in .308. Got to add one of those to my collection. :wub:

You should take some photos of your new work of art and post under the other rifles section so we can see your new found love. :wub::lolol::lolol:

Thanks for sharing.

EDIT:

Bravo 26,

What are you using for a sight system on your modified MIA? The new CM iron or other?

Wolverine

Edited by Wolverine

What are you using for a sight system on your modified MIA? The new CM iron or other?

Wolverine

Standard Iron sights w/ a trijicon ACOG TA-11E (308 reticle w/ Illuminated chevron) on a throw lever mount. I ran the Aimpoint Comp ML2 on an ARMS #22M68 mount, but Once I got trained up on how to use the chevron like a red-dot, I stuck with the ACOG..it's much better, and the 3.5x mag is great for 200yds +

...if you want an ACOG, better put yer money down quick..the next run of TA-11E's is going straight to Iraq!

Yep, I'll try to post pics up later this week...

Wolverine

Standard Iron sights w/ a trijicon ACOG TA-11E (308 reticle w/ Illuminated chevron) on a throw lever mount. I ran the Aimpoint Comp ML2 on an ARMS #22M68 mount, but Once I got trained up on how to use the chevron like a red-dot, I stuck with the ACOG..it's much better, and the 3.5x mag is great for 200yds +

...if you want an ACOG, better put yer money down quick..the next run of TA-11E's is going straight to Iraq!

Yep, I'll try to post pics up later this week...

Bravo 26,

Good Lord, you have gone first class all the way on this one haven't you? If I didn't know better I would swear you were preparing to ship out to the sand box pretty quick. Damn, the M1A, the CHOPMOD hardware and a Trijicon rig that must have set you back another $1500. You better have a rider policy on your homeowners insurance to cover the value of your firearms in case somebody has eyes for your firearms. There are relatively low limits on jewelry and firearms under most policies. You are closing in on the $4000 range with just the .308.

Anyway, you got to post some pictures with all the hardware goodies on it. Now for several more questions:

1. Is your M1A a standard model or is it one of the upgraded competition models?

2. What are shooting for .308 ammo and where are you buying from?

3. What are your plans for your Aimpoint? Are you going to put it on your Saiga?

4. When do you leave for Iraq? :osama::sadam::killer:

Wolverine :smoke:

Heheh.

Standard off the rack M1A squad scout, with the compensator taken off, and the correct FH put in it's place. No need for a comp model with these rifles (I'm sure you know...) especially when you put one in a Sage stock=instant bedding job

I feed her standard Yugo suplus stuff hen we go milk jug slaying., when I feel the need to print on paper, we go Hornady Match grade all the way. I buy from the local shop here in town (Bullseye in Lawrenceville GA)

I have 200rnds of Hornday TAP ammo in bandoliers w/ chargers ready to go for when the SHTF.

The aimpoint is currently on my M4. It's found a good home there, but If I ever want to sell her, I'll PM ya :)

I'm DONE with the Army. Stop lossed in 2001-2003 for the war, and got out in June of 03. got tired of being told I couldnt shoot people that needed to be shot. I did consider going PMC (Private Military Contractor) for Blackwater, or Shrike group, but decided against it when the right woman (now my wife) came along. Powerfull things, women...even more powerfull than guns.

I figure with all the gear, rifle, stock, mount, ACOG, 10 Mags and Tac tailor bag..I have around 4300 in her. This was the ending of a 2 year long project, I'm not crazy rich or anything...I do Property management for the local Law enforcement agencies here in Atlanta..It pays, but not crazy.. this was financed thru some good buys and sells, and just stashing 20's in the cookie jar ( the jar the wife knows NOTHING about!)

As soon as I get my hands on another digicam, or when my buddy comes over with his, I'll take pics, and post them up on a gun lust thread. If all else fails, I'll get one around xmas time.

BTW, the one thing I wish I had done is go with the Socom version for the setup...for CQB it cant be beat..all my 11M buddies in the Army are using them for cave and house clearing in afghan and Iraq right now. an E7 friend just got his 20th confirmed kill ( and a bronze star ) for smoking a group of raggies at over 300yds setup was a socom 16 and an ACOG. it gets the job done everytime. :super:

--B26

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.