Aftermarket barrels?

I wonder how hard would it be to make an aftermarket barrel adapter that will allow you to screw in and use different sized barrels, some already rifled or ported/compensated from the factory?

Or hell, with all sorts of different front sights

It'd be interesting to have a kit with a regular 18 inch barrel, a longer and rifled barrel for slugs, and maybe a shorty barrel for SBS

Any companies out there considering this? Especially now that factory highcap mags are out and more people should be buying a 1919.

(circled is the part of the barrel where I imagine an adapter could be made where the rest of the barrel could just screw in)

post-44260-0-86975500-1353538615.png

Edited by FoxHound

The part you circled is the barrel extension

It is internally threaded, and the barrel has external threads.

To do what you want, it would be best to remake the entire assembly as the clocking of the extractor groove and gas take off would move over repeated assembly/dis-assembly.

I do know two barrel lengths are or will soon be available.

several companies make aftermarket barrels for a number of popular shotguns.

When this gun reaches high enough numbers, and demand is great enough they may make options .

its a real pain to make a gas block from scratch for this gun, and the barrel profile is a bit odd to reproduce on a barrel blank.

It can and has been done, but its not worth the time and materials at this point.

Jim

• Like 1

The part you circled is the barrel extension

It is internally threaded, and the barrel has external threads.

To do what you want, it would be best to remake the entire assembly as the clocking of the extractor groove and gas take off would move over repeated assembly/dis-assembly.

I do know two barrel lengths are or will soon be available.

several companies make aftermarket barrels for a number of popular shotguns.

When this gun reaches high enough numbers, and demand is great enough they may make options .

its a real pain to make a gas block from scratch for this gun, and the barrel profile is a bit odd to reproduce on a barrel blank.

It can and has been done, but its not worth the time and materials at this point.

Jim

Thanks for the update.

So pretty much once more people start picking up this shotgun, companies may risk taking the dive on such things. At least its a feasible project. Thanks again