To all the European Saiga Owners

Finally I can import a Saiga within the European Union without too much hassle since our gun laws changed.

Can somebody supply me names of european gun shops or sites that export within the EU?

What I would love is a Saiga M3 Exp 01 in 7,62x39 with dimples and no chamber step and no trigger-lock mechanism. Is there a place in the EU who sells it? I can't find one..

It should be like this:

IzhmashSAIGA-M3EXP-01single-shotsemi-automaticrifle_gw5whg.jpg

Bonus points for shops who also sell it converted to AK magazines and a 1000m sight

Thank you.

Rusmilitary (google it) here in the UK supplied my AK-104 and my Romanian AKM.The 104 is the carbine version of the 103 which looks like the one in your pic.It came with black polymer furniture which I have changed to Soviet AKM furniture and came without a bullet guide fitted but I made my own and drilled and tapped the trunnion so I can use milsurp mags, it was pretty easy to do to be honest.

They both came with 1000m sights complete with the 'battle' setting.The Romanian was fitted with Soviet furniture, genuine Soviet sling, a slant muzzle brake and an Izhmash 30r bakelite mag as I had what Rusmilitary call their 'Soviet' package.

Heres a couple of pics, if you want to know anything else just ask :)

post-44524-0-89390800-1353798565_thumb.jpg

post-44524-0-23368700-1353798588_thumb.jpg

Edited by richUK
  • Like 2

Rusmilitary (google it) here in the UK supplied my AK-104 and my Romanian AKM.The 104 is the carbine version of the 103 which looks like the one in your pic.It came with black polymer furniture which I have changed to Soviet AKM furniture and came without a bullet guide fitted but I made my own and drilled and tapped the trunnion so I can use milsurp mags, it was pretty easy to do to be honest.

They both came with 1000m sights complete with the 'battle' setting.The Romanian was fitted with Soviet furniture, genuine Soviet sling, a slant muzzle brake and an Izhmash 30r bakelite mag as I had what Rusmilitary call their 'Soviet' package.

Heres a couple of pics, if you want to know anything else just ask smile.png

post-44524-0-89390800-1353798565_thumb.jpg

post-44524-0-23368700-1353798588_thumb.jpg

Thank you Sir

I already knew rusmilitary (excellent site) however they are not in stock anymore, also I don't think they have any semiauto rifles...

Shotguns are not an option either because of the massive length they sell them... I believe I will need some site from Czech Republic or Slovenia or Finland I guess...

What can you read on yor receiver? Saiga M3 EXP 01 or Saiga MK?

Does it swell the cases with the famous ring on the spent brasses?

Edited by Dalmo

They supply them as straight pull for the UK but depending where you are in Europe they may be able to supply a semi auto (would actually take very little to convert it back to semi though, all they do is plug the gasport and cut the piston!).My receiver reads ' 'Saiga MK' and 'Made In Russia By Izhmash', it has the magwell dimples and yes it does swell the cases with a ring but i think you would have trouble sourcing one that doesnt, as i could be wrong but i think all civilian Saiga barrels do that.my trigger lock was already removed and it will fire with the stock holded, althought it makes it a handfull to fire with the stock folded!.The Romanian on the other hand has a proper AKM feed ramp and doesnt swell the cases as i believe it has a milspec barrel and the bayonet lugs etc are all present.Rusmilitary are currently showing fixed stock 103's in stock at the moment, you could always convert one to a folder.

In Slovenia the seller of Saiga rifles is a shop called "REBEC" from Postojna.

Yes Sir!

It is true! Too bad I have sent them an email on Sunday and they will not reply sad.png Maybe they are not good at speaking English?

They have the rifle I want in stock right now...

Would you suggest they don't like selling to Italy? The thing is they stated they are willing to sell arms and accessories on the European market... And they are within the EU too...

Edited by Dalmo

They supply them as straight pull for the UK but depending where you are in Europe they may be able to supply a semi auto (would actually take very little to convert it back to semi though, all they do is plug the gasport and cut the piston!).My receiver reads ' 'Saiga MK' and 'Made In Russia By Izhmash', it has the magwell dimples and yes it does swell the cases with a ring but i think you would have trouble sourcing one that doesnt, as i could be wrong but i think all civilian Saiga barrels do that.my trigger lock was already removed and it will fire with the stock holded, althought it makes it a handfull to fire with the stock folded!.The Romanian on the other hand has a proper AKM feed ramp and doesnt swell the cases as i believe it has a milspec barrel and the bayonet lugs etc are all present.Rusmilitary are currently showing fixed stock 103's in stock at the moment, you could always convert one to a folder.

You are completely right... However converting a romanian into a side folder might be difficult... I might be ok with the neck swelling as ammo here is cheapish... and I don't plan on reloading... however that USELESS feature sure is annoying and I don't like my bullets will be slower because of a dumb bureaucrat in Russia who does nothing but kill their exports.. no wonder Izhmash had some financial troubles

The fact is an Italian importer (saiga MK) told me his rifles didn't have any chamber-step, and he was aware of that only in rifles for the american market as it was asked by the ATF (BS in my opinion), the sad thing is saigas cost 980€ with a skeleton stock (not beautiful if you want a full length barrel like I do, it's nice only with shorter barrels) and they won't fire with the stock closed and won't take ak magazines.

But now that you tell me your saiga mk swells the cases I call out for BS

Yes Sir!

It is true! Too bad I have sent them an email on Sunday and they will not reply sad.png Maybe they are not good at speaking English?

Would you suggest they don't like selling to Italy? The thing is they stated they are willing to sell arms and accessories on the European market... And they are within the EU too...

I think that he speaks Italian too, he is maybe a little slow on e-mails, try to call it.

Yes Sir!

I think that he speaks Italian too, he is maybe a little slow on e-mails, try to call it.

I will wait a couple days... If he doesn't answer I will call him.. But thank you so much for the advice smile.png

It's wonderful how you people in Slovenia speak Italian... I always wondered why you are so good at it.. Is there a reason?

Italian tourism? Here we have a lot of german tourism, but most people don't speak german...

I would like also yo ask you a couple of questions:

do you own any saiga in 7.62x39? If you do, then which?

do they swell cases?

Edited by Dalmo

Good morning.

I have an M3 EXP 01 in 7,62x39 like you want and it's a great gun ! (No, It's not for sale) It's very accurate and fun to shoot. Quality is much higher than the regular (i.e; Romanian) military issue AKM's, though more expensive.

I can confirm it destroys the spent cases by knocking a ring in the neck, but that's not a problem as surplus ammo is not that expensive and I don't reload aniway.

Regular AKM magazines won't work (uless you have them altered or alter your rifle). You need the specific Saiga mags, which are horribly expensive ! I got mine from Rusmilitary in the UK. This company offers great service but don't always have what you need in stock. I could have gotten the mags straight from Russia but in the end it would have cost as much so why bother.

Unfortunately the shop (in belgium) where I got my rifle from has gone out of bussiness in the meantime. I understand Saigas are at this moment hard to find in Belgium and Luxemburg (and europe in general ...)

Brgds, A

Good morning.

I have an M3 EXP 01 in 7,62x39 like you want and it's a great gun ! (No, It's not for sale) It's very accurate and fun to shoot. Quality is much higher than the regular (i.e; Romanian) military issue AKM's, though more expensive.

I can confirm it destroys the spent cases by knocking a ring in the neck, but that's not a problem as surplus ammo is not that expensive and I don't reload aniway.

Regular AKM magazines won't work (uless you have them altered or alter your rifle). You need the specific Saiga mags, which are horribly expensive ! I got mine from Rusmilitary in the UK. This company offers great service but don't always have what you need in stock. I could have gotten the mags straight from Russia but in the end it would have cost as much so why bother.

Unfortunately the shop (in belgium) where I got my rifle from has gone out of bussiness in the meantime. I understand Saigas are at this moment hard to find in Belgium and Luxemburg (and europe in general ...)

Brgds, A

I hate this civilian barrel smile.png I truly hate russian govt for this

anyways Sir, I suggest you to convert your saiga to accept ak magazines as they are plentiful and cheap... I used to see metal 30 rounders for 17€ (you had to buy at least 8) but that contact is gone... anyways there are new tapco magazines that have a good reputation for being extremely tough and they look russian, not the shit they used to look... 16€ a piece

http://www.tactical7...rticoli&lang=it

Edited by Dalmo

In the UK i can get steel 30r AK mags for £35 for 4 with a pouch, Izhmash and Tula 30r bakelite mags for £30 a pair and Brand new Chinese 75r drums for £75.A bullet guide is fairly easy to make for a Saiga (mine has a flat trunnion) and once fitted and the mag catch filed slightly you're good to go with the military mags :).to be honest i dont find the stamped cases a problem, as it doesnt affect the way it shots and i dont reload anyway as i only use steel cased milsurp ammo anyway.

do you buy them offline? In Italy they are not considered part of the weapon so if you buy them online I might buy them as well.. I'm talking about the steel magazines of course :) If I want to go polymer I will get the nylon made ones

However poly mags are nice as hell, they look thougher than steel mags... I have seen somebody drive over them and they don't even have a scratch...

bakelite looks good, but I am sure nylon is better!

Edited by Dalmo

I get them mail order online from a company here in the UK called saracenexports, real nice bloke call John owns it.Personally I think nothing looks better than a bakelite mag on an AK with wood furniture, dont like all that black plastic tat folks stick on them :)

Heres a pic of my mags etc

post-44524-0-37133400-1354055373_thumb.jpg

Edited by richUK
  • Like 1

Very nice foinding Sir! I added it to my favourites. smile.png

The bakelite mag look like a good deal for collectors... The metal ones don't look so good on their site... here they are slightly more expensive (22€ per mag) but they are BRAND NEW

Edited by Dalmo

Good afternoon.

At militaria shows over here in belgium you can find brand new still in the sealed plastic bag steel AK mags for as little as 5€ if you're lucky. Max would be 10€ or so.

But I don't want to mess with my perfectly good rifle. I have 7 Saiga 30 round mags now and one 10 rounder, that should take care of the first assault wave methinks ;-)

A

Dalmo.....the steel mags from saracens are in very nice used condition and covered in Cosmoline, so they are well protected.I'd rather have a steel mag with a bit of wear on it rather than a brand new one as I like the 'used' look on an AK.The last four mags I had from them were all 'bolt hold open' Chicom mags,all in very nice condition

Dalmo.....the steel mags from saracens are in very nice used condition and covered in Cosmoline, so they are well protected.I'd rather have a steel mag with a bit of wear on it rather than a brand new one as I like the 'used' look on an AK.The last four mags I had from them were all 'bolt hold open' Chicom mags,all in very nice condition

Well I guess everyone has his own taste. :)

Personally my favourite are nylon magazines produced for ak103 by izhmash... But good luck finding them...