Shortened S12 Gas System And Have More ????

Ok everyone, I am almost finished with my first S12 conversion in which a built similar to a Tromix conversion, but I have I few more questions now that I have shortened the gas system? I shortened the gas system 2.25" as per Tony Rumore's recommendation in a different thread and also purchased the Tromix shorter gas tube and piston. After finishing the machine work on the barrell I re-assembled the gun with the new Tromix parts and now the bolt carrier is about 1/8" - 3/16" from completely closing against the reciever with the stock gas plug installed. So here are my questions: Do I shorten the Tromix piston for the extra clearance I lost? Or do I use a shorter gas puck or plug if a shorter one even exists? Has anyone else had this problem?

I am sure this is a simple fix I just don't know which part to modify. As you can see in the pictures, with the bolt fully closed I am left with approx. 5/8" between end of gas puck and gas block entry. The factory gas plug is 3/4" deep. The numbers just don't add up. Hopefully Tony will chime in. I am sure he has done this a thousand times! Thanks.

post-43556-0-47102100-1353907277_thumb.jpg

post-43556-0-43073700-1353907298_thumb.jpg

post-43556-0-17122800-1353907319_thumb.jpg

Figure out what type of puck you want to run and fit the Tromix op-rod so that the side of the carrier will make contact with the trunnion and the bolt is allowed to lock up easily. You are almost there....

This one was moved back 2.25"

post-22401-0-39064100-1353909218_thumb.jpg