Very first 9 shots with my new toy!

A few days ago I bought a brand new, unconverted Saiga 223 Sporter ($399). Today was 32 degrees (cold!) but it was the first chance I had to try it on my home shooting range. Normally I would start at 25 yards and go from there. But just for the heck of it, I went to 50 yards. Ammo was bulk Federal 55 grain MCBT ball (XM193BK). None of my guns have any optics. I prefer open sights. From a bench rest using just the stock open sights, 1st shot was on the target. That's always a good sign! Target was a 9" paper plate. Picture is just the center of the plate. Took a total of 9 shots and they're all in the center of the plate. I never had to make any sight adjustments. Group size is 5 inches. I may have rushed thing a bit because of the cold. I'm sure she'll be "pie plate accurate" at 100 yards. Next time I'm gonna use a bigger target to get a better sight picture. I'm confident I can reduce the group size considerably with more trigger time as I learn this guns idiosyncrasies. Have no intentions of converting this puppy. I like her just the way she is ~ even her mediocre trigger (which really isn't "that" bad). It must be love "LUV".

Don <><

I'm not as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was rolleyes.gif

target2.jpg

Edited by genesis5521
  • Like 1