How do you put the Tac-47 Auto Plug back together?

Ok I feel a little stupid lol. I sent my Saiga-12 out to get nitrided and its back. well I sent most of the weapon out for it even the Auto Plug. When I took it apart I thought I would remember how to put it back.

The plug that goes in first (the small piece) I thought it went in "nipple" first.

post-34773-0-66808500-1355602210_thumb.jpg

But it doesn't seen to want to fit through the hole. So does the "nipple" go into the spring?

post-34773-0-38893800-1355602163_thumb.jpg

If the "nipple" goes in first I guess Im just having difficulty. The nitriding process goes into the metal so it shouldn't have made the parts any thicker then what they were. Any help would be great....Thanks lol

Ok I feel a little stupid lol. I sent my Saiga-12 out to get nitrided and its back. well I sent most of the weapon out for it even the Auto Plug. When I took it apart I thought I would remember how to put it back.

The plug that goes in first (the small piece) I thought it went in "nipple" first.

But it doesn't seen to want to fit through the hole. So does the "nipple" go into the spring?

If the "nipple" goes in first I guess Im just having difficulty. The nitriding process goes into the metal so it shouldn't have made the parts any thicker then what they were. Any help would be great....Thanks lol

PS the Plug is already QPQ NITRIDED and it looks like you nitrided the Spring. I hope it was a low temp process, or it could have damaged your springs characteristics. I have Nitrided a Saiga before it did not work out to well for me. The mild steel or pot metal turned too brittle and would break.. dust cover bit the dust lol. Good Luck on your build.
  • Like 1

PS the Plug is already QPQ NITRIDED and it looks like you nitrided the Spring. I hope it was a low temp process, or it could have damaged your springs characteristics. I have Nitrided a Saiga before it did not work out to well for me. The mild steel or pot metal turned too brittle and would break.. dust cover bit the dust lol. Good Luck on your build.

I'm not that dumb to send the springs to get nitrided too lol. All the springs in the gun were removed except for the gas plug detent spring because I forgot lol. I hope it works out for me! We shall see and so will everyone else cause I'll put it on YouTube weather the outcome be good or bad.

Edited by BLK-HWK-VET