Great statement from the Oathkeepers founder, I've been emailing this link to everybody I know.

"My conscience, and the urgency of our current situation, compel me to speak out. The victim disarmament freaks are now telling us that they don’t want to disarm us- oh, no! They just want to take away our “assault weapons” – our semi-automatic, magazine fed, military-style rifles – and the “high capacity” magazines that feed them. They want us to believe that so long as we can own some kind of firearm, after our semi-auto military rifles are taken, we are not disarmed. That is a LIE.

The truth is that our semi-automatic, military pattern rifles are the single most important kind of arm we can own, and are utterly necessary for effective defense of our lives, property, and liberty. When you are disarmed of your military rifles, you are DISARMED. At that time, the lion’s share of your military capacity to effectively resist tyranny is removed (yes, accurate bolt action hunting rifles are useful in that role too, but the semi-auto battle rifle is truly the Queen of battle, as Col. Jeff Cooper correctly noted). It is a significant force on the battlefield, and as Patrick Henry said, when you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2012/12/19/my-personal-pledge-of-resistance-against-any-attemp-to-disarm-us-by-means-of-an-assault-weapons-ban/

• Like 4

That dude is an enigma. Last time I heard about him, he had moved from Kalispell Montana up into the woods near the Canadian boarder in Eureka. The locals are starting to wonder about him since they had real concerns about public officials, judges and officers not having a proper oath of office in Montana. I really don't get into all the PatrIDIOT stuff around here but it does make sense to me that a dude holding up the oath would be concerned when most public servants in Montana don't have one.

Probably just a spook that is getting intel so they know where the resistance will come from. Another interesting thing about the dude is he claimed he was airborne and SF earlier. They looked at his records and found that he was a drop out. Then he went to a fancy college. Something is strange there.

I gave an oath that was surrendered when discharged. My allegiance is to the creator.

• Like 2

I do as well. And take it all with a grain of salt. The CT people are thick around here and you hear a bunch of stuff about it. Just strange that a Yale Lawyer wouldn't be concerned about public officials without proper oaths and bonds.

Oh well. Maybe he did serve. Maybe it really is a good organization. I hope it is for the sake of it's members who are generally outstanding veterans.

• Like 2

That dude is an enigma. Last time I heard about him, he had moved from Kalispell Montana up into the woods near the Canadian boarder in Eureka. The locals are starting to wonder about him since they had real concerns about public officials, judges and officers not having a proper oath of office in Montana. I really don't get into all the PatrIDIOT stuff around here but it does make sense to me that a dude holding up the oath would be concerned when most public servants in Montana don't have one.

Probably just a spook that is getting intel so they know where the resistance will come from. Another interesting thing about the dude is he claimed he was airborne and SF earlier. They looked at his records and found that he was a drop out. Then he went to a fancy college. Something is strange there.

I gave an oath that was surrendered when discharged. My allegiance is to the creator.

Funny I dont remember an expiration on my oath... But I do remember the Constitution being first and above all others.

• Like 2

Funny I dont remember an expiration on my oath... But I do remember the Constitution being first and above all others.

I would legally assume my discharge was just that. A discharge from my obligation. The constitution is very important and real. The oath you and I took was fully served upon your completion of your contract. Later on I found out I was not supposed to swear and should have affirmed.

http://bible.cc/matthew/5-34.htm

I clearly remember the Lord being above all others. No disrespect, just my personal belief and conviction.

The Oath of Enlistment (for enlisted):

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

The Oath of Office (for officers):

"I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the _____ (Military Branch) of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance tot he same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God."

Before you raise your right hand, make sure you understand what you are swearing or attesting to. The oath of enlistment should not be taken lightly, you will be bound by it for the next 4 to 6 years at a minimum.

This is copied from here: http://www.military.com/join-armed-forces/swearing-in-for-military-service.html

Edited by Stryker0946
  • Like 1