Gun show coming up. What AK parts should I look for to keep for a rain

I have my saiga 7.62, 1 set of extra iron sights, 1 extra set of furniture. What else should I look for to stash away? What will/will not work on a factory saiga? Gas tubes, pistons, trigger groups, springs, etc? any reliable info is greatly appreciated.

Edited by HBrebel

Look for a lot of luck, you will need it. I heard the gun shows are mad houses.

The saigas parts mostly only interchange with other saiga parts. A regular piston/bolt carrier wont just swich with a wasr or what not.

You could look for parts saigas or cheap sporters to keep for back up parts. But I doubt the prices will be reasonable.

I went to a show last weekend, and it was elbow to elbow the whole time I was there. People were polite and not rude but it was worse than last minute Christmas shopping at Walmart, or just after the first of the month at Walmartbig_smile.gif

Edited by im_n2_vws
thanks, got plenty of mags already. I guess one could always use a few more. Is there a good spot for online ordering of saiga internal parts? I thought most ak/saiga stuff was interchangeable but I was wrong i guess.

You should have a bare minimum of 12 magazines per rifle. In a fire fight you are not going to always be able to remove your empty magazine nicely and tuck it away in your pouch or backpack while smacking another one home. There is a very real possibility that it will get dropped and you may have to bug out and never see it again. You will need back ups.

thanks, got plenty of mags already. I guess one could always use a few more. Is there a good spot for online ordering of saiga internal parts? I thought most ak/saiga stuff was interchangeable but I was wrong i guess.

you can look for AK 74 parts. Bulgarian are good interchangeable parts made to the closest specs of russian design. recoil springs, firing pins, gas tubes, etc. the bolt carriers area good match too. the hardest parts to find are the bolt. only saiga bolts work with saiga as far as i know.