I bought my 995TS to replace my Ruger PC4 for range/plinking duty. The reason for doing so is that although I have numerous rifles, shotguns and pistols, the Ruger ends up beside my nightstand more than anything else.

Since it does seem to be my primary HD and since Ruger quit making them several years back, I decided to relegate it to basically HD only. It's been one of my favorite shooters over the years so I knew I'd need something similar to replace it for fun gunning.

Enter the 995TS. I initially was going to get a 4095TS but with the rising cost of ammo and the weapon's intended usage figured the 9mm would be more than adequate.

So, this weekend I'll run the PC4 one more time at the range to compare it's accuracy to that of the Hi-Point, just out of curiosity. I've only shot the 995 one session for function and it was getting dark so I have no idea as to it's accuracy although I was pinging a steel plate I almost couldn't see at 35 yards.

Quite frankly, I fully expect the PC4 to win the match as it is deadly accurate out to 75 yards and pinpoint accurate at HD ranges. Plus, I'm very familiar with it. If the 995 even comes close I'll be more than happy with it's performance.

The main reason for the experiment will be to have some fun shooting, of course. I'll also be running my SKS for the first time, along with my Mosin, and both Kel-Tec PF9s. That's in addition to what everyone else brings. It should be fun. I'll post again later with the results.

Tim

Do me a favor. Pay attention to what ammo you use and let me know if it keyholes.

I did a fair amount of shooting from an old style 995 at ~100yds years ago with some crummy 147 grain factory reloads, and with standard 115 grain fmj. I got about 7" groups from a rest. 8" with the 147s The thing was many of the 147s went in sideways, and in the newspaper & phone book traps I made( compact dry bundles), I found that both punched in about the same depth. 7-12" with the overwhelming majority at about 10" Most of the 115s stayed straight and looked good enough to reload. a few tumbled after impact and flattened sideways a bit. Pretty much all the flat tip Truncated cone FMJ 147s tumbled. and due to poor quality, a lot of them shed jackets.

I am curious to see what the .40 does, and if there are changes to the hi-point's performance in the new model. I always wished I had bought the ruger pc9 instead with a side folder in SS. I still want one.

Will do, but I don't have any 147 grain 9mm ammo. I believe it's all 115. I do have several different brands though.

I know what you mean about the Ruger. It's one of the most solid feeling, substantial weapons I've ever held.