Problems with ATI ELITE STOCK W/SCORPION GRIP

Good evening, I just got my Vepr 12 in from Atlantic. Very pumped! I looked at the rail, it is straight. I replace the grip, the retaining screw was a PITA to remove until i put a screw head on the end of my electric drill and it unscrewed easily. The ATI grip is really nice and I really do not like the original Molot Grip...hard chuck of plastic! The muzzle was replaced with the cheapest I could find for the time being... a Phoenix Flame.. looks good anyways. I do not want to mess with the fcg and by my count, Muzzle brake, grip, Stock and 3 for the SGM Mag would be 6 for 922 compliance. I could be wrong...but until corrected that is what i am running. But here is the problem, hopefully someone has and answer for me.

The ATI Stock I have removed metal from the top, sides bottom and she will still not go in all the way. I have compared to the Tapco stock it came with and it and seems to match. The only thing I see that is close is the tang slot. Measuring shows it should fit no problem. I am going to keep trying things, just need 1/4 of an inch.(See Photo) Maybe I have a little more to remove, all sides still are flush with no gaps, I am sure I could pound it in but i do not want to flare the back-end Any suggestions would be helpful. I know it can fit, i am just missing something. Thanks!

post-45995-0-25335100-1358130595_thumb.jpg

When i installed a Kvar buttstock, i had to remove a fair amount of material on the upper front portion, as it was bottoming out against the trunnion.

_______

-> I____<- This face of the stock was bottoming out on the trunnion after i removed enough material from the sides, to even to get that far.

I

I

You could put some sort of powder on the trunnion and see where its making contact when you install it.

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 1

Thank you Mullet Man, I do see that drop I did give the top a sand..., thank you both for a good direction. After two looooong session of sanding down evenly i was perplexed on what the heck was stopping it. I only have 1 mm left to go....Then it it time to go play and see if the recoil reduction grip of stock cause FTF or FTE! Will report soon.. Thanks Again!