Ready for my ammo purchase

Well, after waiting to pick up my new Saiga, spending time taking it apart to get the safety "unstuck" and getting some time off to play, I'm going to pick up some shells this weekend. Through you guys advice, I'm going to get the 3" PDX1 for home defense but was wondering which shells seemed to cycle the best for all of you, they will be for the copperheads. Thought I would buy a few boxes of playing around target shells as well.

Thanks for all your advice, I'm fairly new to shotguns, but hell on wheels with a handgun!

Thanks!!

• Like 1

Try the 3" Winchester in the silver box, #4 shot I think. They run 100% in my .410, good for busting crows, raccoons, cats, possums, and the occasional neighbors dog that just has to crap in my yard or growl at me, the wife, or the 4 legged queen of the house. They run good on the #1 setting in mine, just make sure you keep the crude that builds up around the gas puck cleaned out.

I bought a box of remington 3" express at wally world and found it hicuped on the # 1 setting but not on the #2....If I shoot winchester super X high brass then it works fine on #1.

Well, let me see if I can find some of the Winchester Super X high brass. Have you tried the Federal Premium?

No..I've been trying to make my gun shoot the cheaper ammo..I have a 30 rd drum on it and it gets expensive to shoot the good stuff.Once i get it to shoot the cheaper stuff I know it will fire the good stuff...I'm looking to get a MEC Jr and start reloading and eliminate the ammo issue altogether.Of course since I've never reloaded before I'm sure the learning process is going to be painful....

No..I've been trying to make my gun shoot the cheaper ammo..I have a 30 rd drum on it and it gets expensive to shoot the good stuff.Once i get it to shoot the cheaper stuff I know it will fire the good stuff...I'm looking to get a MEC Jr and start reloading and eliminate the ammo issue altogether.Of course since I've never reloaded before I'm sure the learning process is going to be painful....

Ha!....know the pain of the learning process. I'm going broke buying shells, read until my eyes are rolling back and frustrated trying to find any of it in stores! I'm just using the factory 4 round mags for now. I can't imagine using the 30 rd drum. Keep me updated on your reloading adventure!