Advice for NY .223?

Hi guys,

I have a choice to make.

I had everything I needed to convert my Saiga before the NY laws were changed. My question now is should I? I can still do it as I have a year before I have to register the weapon.

Just looking for some feedback, I am kind of 50/50 on what to do. Thanks for yout time and I appreciate any input.

Well, as the law reads.... “Any AK‐47 variant designed to fire ammunition in any caliber manufactured by the firms listed below . . . . . . Izhevsk Factory ‐ Russia.”

Convert away.... a Saiga in any caliber or configuration is an assault weapon.

Damn if I'm gotta register anything I own.

• Like 2

As much as many people dislike the law that was just passed in NY, I think it clearly marks Saiga .223 as an "assault weapon", so the only suggestion to anyone would be is to obey the law and do everything according to the guidelines and provisions of the new law, while doing their possible best to make the politicians change the law utilizing proper legal channels…

As much as many people dislike the law that was just passed in NY, I think it clearly marks Saiga .223 as an "assault weapon", so the only suggestion to anyone would be is to obey the law and do everything according to the guidelines and provisions of the new law, while doing their possible best to make the politicians change the law utilizing proper legal channels…

I'm just curious, not trying to be rude (though there's always a bit of rudeness when being direct, sorry)...but where is the line? At what point is it ok to say no and disobey? When they ban assault rifles? When they ban 8 round magazines? When they ban hand guns? When they ban semi-autos? When they ban all guns? When they ban air rifles? etc. I'm not trying to be rhetorical, I actually want to know what the line is to you personally.

To be honest, you're worrying about someone else worrying about where someone else's line is :)

But in all seriousness, I saw him make essentially the same posts as this on 2 different threads. So I truly became curious and wanted to ask if there's some line, and maybe even some logic behind where that line is. If there's a line and a reason for it then I'd like to know, and maybe that reason will be a worthwhile one for me to think about.