I am getting a PPS 43C and it is in the pistol config with the folding stock welded shut. I have ordered a parts kit with the good folding stock, and am thinking I want to do a SBR on it and put the stock back as it should be.

I live in Oklahoma and am a sole proprieter of a small gun store. I want the wife to be able to sell the weapon when I die.

So, what would be my best and cheapest route to go on the paperwork, and is there someone that does a good job on changing the stocks on these weapons?

Thanks!

for me the cheapest way to go for paperwork was to order the forms from the ATF distribution branch, F 1 (5320.1), FBI FD-258LE - NFA, Imports ORI WVATF0800 and F 5330.20 - Certificate of Compliance With 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(. they sent it all to me within a week money has already been allocated for that service.

http://www.atf.gov/forms/dcof/

then I went to the mall to one of those picture kiosk booths and for 3 bucks got like 4 sets of 2x2 inch passprot photos. had my fingerprints taken at my PD, had the police chief sign the form 1s and mailed it off

as for the stock, those are not welded shut. what looks like the stock release button at the top of the receiver is actually a pin that keeps the stock in the folded position and non functioning. you don't need a new stock, the one on there is perfectly OK. you need the spring and the stock release button from the parts kit, to make the stock functional on your pistol.

once you get your form 1 back, you will need the stock release button and locking bar off that parts kit, you will need to DREMEL the bottom of the stock locking bar where the stock release pin is "peened" on. once you get that area smooth, take a pair of vise grips and lock it onto the stock release button and twist. CAREFUL THAT PIN IS UNDER SPRING TENSION AND IT WILL FLY. I know it happened to me. took me a long time to find that spring icon_biggrin.gif

on the pistol:

to take off the pin that is holding the stock in the folded position, you to do the same thing like you did on the parts kit. DREMEL the bottom of the locking bar where that pin is "hammered" on. once you get that area flush, take a pair of vise grips and lock it onto the fake stock release "button" and twist it off, it will come off very easily. since there is no spring nothing will fly off.

once you get the fake button and stock locking bar out, you will need to drill out the hole on top of the receiver. Off hand I don't know the exact size. what I did was take drill bits and checked the hole on the parts kit receiver stub, to see if it was the right size.

once you drill the hole out. extend out the stock so that you can place the stock release bar in and up into the stock, where it normally would be in the extended position. then take the spring and stock release button put it in the englarged hole throught he top of the receiver, "thread" the shaft through the axis pin, and the hole in the stock locking should line up to stock release button shaft.

since it will be under spring tension you need to have it depressed fully down so that is is flush to the bottom of the stock release bar. what I did was take a M16 stripper clip placed it over the button and zip tied the ends down so that the button was fully depressed and the stock release button shaft was flushed to the bottom of the locking bar. then I took it to a friend that has a welder and he tack weld the bottom of the shaft to the locking bar, about 5 seconds work.

except for the tack weld, I did everything else myself.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1

Matthew, how do you get one to meet 922R requirements as SBRs now are required to meet it depending on the original import date? Just curious as I was about to pull the trigger on one and convert it to 9mm plus SBR it. Edit: If it was imported prior to November 30, 1990, the regs say the imported parts count doesn't apply.

Edited by MT Predator
  • Like 1
Matthew, how do you get one to meet 922R requirements as SBRs now are required to meet it depending on the original import date? Just curious as I was about to pull the trigger on one and convert it to 9mm plus SBR it. Edit: If it was imported prior to November 30, 1990, the regs say the imported parts count doesn't apply.

Thats a good question, the one I am getting is new production and as far as I know there are no US made parts out there for the gun.

• 2 months later...

Thats a good question, the one I am getting is new production and as far as I know there are no US made parts out there for the gun.

Apart from a US made 9mm barrel, I haven't seen any other domestic parts for them.