I'd like a folding, collapsible stock... what do you recommend?

I just picked up my MKA 1919 and really like it. This is my first post here; I've searched a bit on the 1919 forums, but didn't really find the information I'm seeking. I have a Tromix adaptor on the way and I'll probably farm out the cutting work to someone, I'm sure... but who makes really good folding, collapsible stocks? Do I buy a buffer tube, the folding "hinge," and the stock separately... or does someone sell them as a unit?

It looks like there is a lot of good information on this forum and I'm really glad there's a place for us 1919 owners.

Any recommendations on how to proceed? I'm a very tall guy, so I'd like to have something that, when fully opened up, it stretches out quite a bit.

Thanks, everyone.

Russ

this is my setup, i like it because

1 standard buffer tube so many stocks to choose from

2 telescoping

3 folding mec that accepts a buffer tube

4 the buffer tube in not center, its higher than the rest so its inline with the barrel just like my AR-15

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/82025-this-is-my-mka-1919/&do=findComment&comment=855017

2 telescoping

4 the buffer tube in not center, its higher than the rest so its inline with the barrel just like my AR-15

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/82025-this-is-my-mka-1919/&do=findComment&comment=855017

Great post! Parts listing and everything! Thanks!

Will this setup work with the new Firebird lower? I ask because I just got on the list. (I'm going to end up selling the other items I ordered.) I like your configuration... very sharp.

2 telescoping

Will this setup work with the new Firebird lower? I ask because I just got on the list. (I'm going to end up selling the other items I ordered.) I like your configuration... very sharp.

If you mean, will the buffer tube screw into the receiver? then, yes.

2 telescoping

but he cant use that folding mechanism.

2 telescoping

Anything that will screw into an AR-15 will screw into Firebird adapters and our TAC-12.

Anything that will screw into an AR-15 will screw into Firebird adapters and our TAC-12.

Ah yes, the elusive Tac-12, which will be arriving from the worlds slowest anodizing baths in: four, three, two,...?

2 telescoping

But this is not a Ar15 its a MKA 1919.

SOOO you have cut the stock off and put a adapter and screwed on a folding adapter.

None of this stuff goes or will fit a Ar15 but the nut, buffer, and stock.

i will ask a better question.

SOOO will my setup transfer to your lower?

But this is not a Ar15 its a MKA 1919.

SOOO you have cut the stock off and put a adapter and screwed on a folding adapter.

None of this stuff goes or will fit a Ar15 but the nut, buffer, and stock.

i will ask a better question.

SOOO will my setup transfer to your lower?

I should have clarified, anything that will screw into an AR-15 will screw into Firebird Buttstock Adapters for the MKA-1919, as well as our TAC-12.

Short answer, if it's based off an AR buffer tube, yes it will work. If not, no it won't.

Ah yes, the elusive Tac-12, which will be arriving from the worlds slowest anodizing baths in: four, three, two,...?

It takes a fair amount of time to manufacture several hundred lower receivers, and the anodize shop has more work than they can handle. We are scheduled and we'll get them when we get them,

Works for me, thanks.

I should have clarified, anything that will screw into an AR-15 will screw into Firebird Buttstock Adapters for the MKA-1919, as well as our TAC-12.

Short answer, if it's based off an AR buffer tube, yes it will work. If not, no it won't.