I will be sbr a pap 92 when my form gets back also i am putting a russian side folder on it.. is it wiser just to buy a no dak spud reciver that will acept the side folder .... or can the stock reciver be smithed to acept the side folder.. if im not mistaking the yugo rear truioning is ready for a underfolder is this tru or not.. also im aware that if i use the paps reciver i have to lower the front latch down from where it should good... please anybody give me your thoughts and input on the best route to sbr the pap 92... i have search hi and low on the forum and other sources and cant really find an answer

If i knew the answers id help ya out but isn't this Pap a 7.62x39 rifle? If so maybe ask Nailbomb or another mod to move it to the 7.62 forum you would probably get a quicker answer there.

Also, there is a NFA section that should have most of what you need to know about doing an SBR. Im just not sure you're gonna get answers for a NFA rifle in the S12 section!

No problem. Just most guys that'll know most about the Pap will be in the 7.62 section or "other AK based rifles".

I agree, this is an awesome forum with great guys. Im also a member of THR, 24hrcampfire, TFL, glocktalk and FNforum and this is by far the best one to hang around IMO

I will be sbr a pap 92 when my form gets back also i am putting a russian side folder on it.. is it wiser just to buy a no dak spud reciver that will acept the side folder .... or can the stock reciver be smithed to acept the side folder.. if im not mistaking the yugo rear truioning is ready for a underfolder is this tru or not.. also im aware that if i use the paps reciver i have to lower the front latch down from where it should good... please anybody give me your thoughts and input on the best route to sbr the pap 92... i have search hi and low on the forum and other sources and cant really find an answer

The original receiver can be cut for a side folding stock. Has been done before. If you buy one of the pre-built zastava m92 pistols, then the rifle will come with an underfolder rear trunnion however it does not have any of the cut outs, basically it's a virgin rear trunnion. I don't understand what your saying about the front trunnion.

awww okay yeah that good to know virgin rear trunion that what i needed to know so i will give it an try and smith it for a side folder... i was reading on other forums that the front latch on the forward trunion had to be a little lower then where it should really good on the paps reciver i maybe confused or reaad it wrong or the info was wrong from where i read it.. i will try and find out more info on what i read...

Don't quote me on this, but I believe you're correct. If I remember correctly, the PAP has a fatter front trunnion. In order to make a normal front side folding latch work, folks mill down the trunnion.. This wouldn't be hard when building from a kit. However, it would be a lot of work if you had to tear out the front trunnion just to do that on a gun that is already built.

On the rear trunnion, it should come with a under folder trunnion installed. However, the receiver does has not been cut out for the holes. On some of the early imported PAPs, the serial number was placed on the left rear and would be covered up by a under folder. Because you are not allowed to move or alter the serial number, you are stuck using a AR style stock or something similar that can be placed onto the flat back.

Personally, I would not take a built gun and move it onto a NoDak receiver. I would hunt down a M92 parts kit and build it on a side folder, if that's what I had to have. Ymmv.

All you need to do is mill the trunnion or thin the latch. If it were me, I'd mill the trunnion. It's not hard to remove a barrel from the trunnion, the trunnion from the receiver, and re- rivet when your all done. If you have the skills to do a folder install, then the rest is easy.