Yup just a plain fixed stock style with the rear tang. I found a better system to mount my stock but my tang is already cut off.

Damnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!! How many time do I have to tell you.......STAY AWAY FROM THE HACKSAW CUTTING TOOLShaha.gif

Edited by Jetmech

Yup just a plain fixed stock style with the rear tang. I found a better system to mount my stock but my tang is already cut off.

Damnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!! How many time do I have to tell you........STAY AWAY FROM THE HACKSAW:haha2:
Hey it was a Dremel this time....

I always liked using an internal block to mount my stocks on and put a CTR on my 762 using a pig nose adapter, castle nut, and buffer tube but when I got my S12 a few weeks ago I started looking around for a better way to mount a collapsible stock. I found a buffer tube that mounts just like a fixed stock and allows you to collapse the stock right up to the receiver getting rid of that bugle pig nose adapter and castle nut. Now I want my 762 to have the same setup.

See how there's that extra 1.5" of crap between the receiver and stock on the 762 and not the S12? post-46357-0-16683500-1364055723_thumb.jpg

This is how I want the 762 to look...post-46357-0-57206100-1364055971_thumb.jpg

And this is how the 762 currently looks...post-46357-0-57583900-1364061995_thumb.jpg

Edited by dubya
if it were me i would leave it the way it is. the amount of work its gonna take outweighs the final results. your only gonna gain about 3/4 inch in stock length or loose rather and punching out and reinstalling those new rivets is gonna blow.

But he gains the satisfaction of having the weapon the way he likes.

• Like 1

if it were me i would leave it the way it is. the amount of work its gonna take outweighs the final results. your only gonna gain about 3/4 inch in stock length or loose rather and punching out and reinstalling those new rivets is gonna blow.

But he gains the satisfaction of having the weapon the way he likes.

Exactly. That pig nose adapter is just fugly. It's actually closer to 1.5" anyway. One of the members here gave me a step by step on how easy it is with the right tools and if I can't do it at my buddies metal fab shop, it sshouldn't be that hard to do it at home, if I don't use a hacksaw.

This (my S12) is far better looking than...post-46357-0-03642600-1364258444_thumb.jpg

this (my 7.62)...post-46357-0-13513900-1364258492_thumb.jpg

Oops just realized I already posted those pics. Sorry!