cracked dot com put up another gun article.

i thought it was good and well thought out, please read the whole thing before you judge it. It seemed very friendly toward guns and honest.

i don't agree with every point that was made but over all i think there is some good ones in there.

http://www.cracked.com/article_20396

Cracked has some really good stuff. Be sure not to miss:

"5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like a Pussy"

http://www.cracked.com/article_17019_5-real-life-soldiers-who-make-rambo-look-like-pussy.html

"The 5 Most Epic One Man Rampages In the History Of War"

http://www.cracked.com/article_18810_the-5-most-epic-one-man-rampages-in-history-war.html

There's another good one on war stories, but I'm not seeing it at the moment.

Good article? They only made two decent points: lame gun manufacturer advertisements aimed at insecure men and that likelihood that a lot of people buy home-defense guns before covering the basics of locks, lights, and cameras.

The rest of the article is complete garbage and your basic single-minded attempts to understand complex interactions... like insinuating that gun control make gun owners feel they're being 'castrated' (sounds like a psych 101 paper after first learning about Freud's theories) and that concealed carry in churches is part of the gun-God religious experience. Their evidence for it being facts? Some Bond posters and some slogan stickers.

BUT! To top it all off, they try to correlate that massive drop in violent crime over the past 30 years to, guess what, the idea that we're too busy to kill each other because the killers are playing video games! Their evidence for it being a 'fact'? NOTHING

That article is fucking a joke with the title it has.

• Like 1

I'm inclined to agree with Risky there. Also I was annoyed at the claim that the only reason anyone would want a suppressor is to fantasize about stealth murder. They showed a particularly inoffensive ad to make their point too, and acted as though it were a gross example of encouraging irresponsible attitudes.

Guess what? I want silencers because they make guns less obnoxious and more convenient to grab quickly and shoot when you don't have time to fiddle with hearing protection. Who wouldn't want that?