At around half the MSRP of a new one (including optic) I think you should swoop on the deal. But...with the current market conditions, I would be suspicious as to why it is so steeply discounted. If you are comfortable that it wasn't stolen, used in a crime, or will be repossessed/reacquired immediately after the sale, go for it. We need more info to give you an informed decision. Yes, the price is very good for a LNIB Tavor.

Edited by Dysfunctional
Scammer,would not sell to me unless I sent him a money order and he could ship it to the ffl, either does not exist or is stolen.

I knew it was to good to be true.

That's pretty much the way everybody sales fire arms interstate online. (really other than CC). Use a US Postal Money Order and if he flakes the FEDs get involved, something most scammers don't want to risk. Also tell him your interested, but would like some very specific picture of it, so he can't just google them.

Except for a few illegally imported ones, and a few test samples, the Tavor has only been available in the US for 3 days.

Tavors are selling for $3k plus on gb right now so why would anybody sell one for 1200?

If it's an illegally imported one, run away.

• Like 2
Except for a few illegally imported ones, and a few test samples, the Tavor has only been available in the US for 3 days.

Tavors are selling for $3k plus on gb right now so why would anybody sell one for 1200?

This really sounds like a "too good to be true" scenario. How exactly would you go about finding if it's illegally imported? Lack of importer stamp?

This really sounds like a "too good to be true" scenario. How exactly would you go about finding if it's illegally imported? Lack of importer stamp?

There are some differences between the ones made here and the ones that were exported to other countries. Like rail configuration and barrel length. If the barrel is too long or the top rail is too short that's a bad sign.

If it's been legally imported into another country (Canady most likely) then there will be an import mark.

He already showed that it was a scam to get a money order. The person posting the ad probably didn't even have a Tavor. They do the same scam with apartment rentals. all you need is pictures of something desirable. Just list a very good deal and let a greedy person give you their money via money order or western union. This scam works perfectly fine without the complication and risk of illegally importing a hard to find firearm.