actual pics of the scope:

post-1422-1133477352_thumb.jpg

post-1422-1133477387_thumb.jpg

USPS M.O. or cert. chk. sorry paypal is against my religion

thanks for looking

ETA: will trade for Romy parts kit

or 1989 honda civic gas tank lol

Edited by Grau_Tek

I might be able to help you out on that gas tank. I dont remember where your at though....Im thinking up north of me somewhere IIRC. I dont think it would be a cheap item to ship, although I have mailed fenders and hoods through Greyhound bus stations at very reasonable prices.

I dont need another scope, but I'll look into that tank for ya and try to get back to you. If I do find one, dont get excited, I'll have to pressure test it to make sure its ok before doing anything with it. But Im about 80% sure that there is a half dozen of them sitting around at my local salvage yard in good shape.

p-ring8

i appreciate the effort

let me know what u come up with man

im not sure if its the tank or the sending unit

or the hoses ( i think its the hoses)

the thing only leaks when i turn the car on

i think i drop as much gas as i burn up in the cylinders lol

thanks again man

mg

Hey, no prob buddy. If its only leaking when the car is running, its definately the main supply hose to the carb, injector, whatever.

That "hose" is most likely a steel line running from the tank to the engine. There will be three or four of them on an '89 Civic. Only one supplies fuel to the engine, the rest are vapor return lines and emmisions crap.

There is only pressure inside that hose when the car is running because your fuel pump is pushing fuel through it. If there is a hole in the hose somewhere, all the fuel will run back into the tank when the engine is shut off because there is no vacuume to keep it in the hose.

When you look under the car while its running, make sure you observe all the fittings and junctions that are under there. Sometimes a fluid will be leaking and "running" along a surface. It can drip to the ground several feet away from the actual point of leakage. I hope this helps.

Oh, PS. The catalytic converter, exaust pipe and muffler under there can reach extreme temperature very quickly and ignite gasoline. So can throwing sparks off the asphalt when running over gravel.

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.