Ok, so I have decided to go with a new front sight post. I know many people like to use the standard AK front sight post but i am contemplating going perhaps in a different direction. So, with your vast knowledge what would you guys recommend. So, here is what i would like in a front sight Block.

1. Threaded. Must be threaded.

2. easily adapted to my saiga. IE my local gunsmith isnt going to go WTF.

3. Adjustable for elevation ie a movable front sight post.

These simple requirements will be combined with an after market rear sight. Probably a peep site. I like having something I can easily adjust the wind-age

Thanks for all your help. Unless of course your a displaced Serbian immigrant with delusions of grandeur. .

HK STYLE CHAOS SIGHT SET

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-249/Tromix-HK-sight-Picatinny/Detail

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-655/Saiga-Rifles-AK47-HK/Detail

Im not trying to be a downer but the AK front sight is pretty archaic. I just want something durable and user friendly.

I really like the look of the HnK front sight that welds onto the gas block.

Goodluck with putting a site on the dust cover and keeping groups. Yea, its an AK and archaic and groups probably aren't your thing with this platform anyway, but there's a reason people have worked to develop ways to not just weld a sight/rail on the dust cover and go.

There's also a reason the standard FSB has been around/used so long. It works and its easy to operate/adjust.

Keep us informed though. I'm always interested to see how everyone builds their rifle and their results.

I might have to go with the tex ind dust cover rail and put the rear sight on that. Im just not a huge fan of the ak sights. That or I just track down a leaf sight with windage adjustment. As for groups. I dont plan on reaching out past 250 to 300. I will change the fsb though for sure