Finally got that BHO in! (pics of conversion too)

Finally got that freakin' BHO in. I ordered the modified BHO and it didn't seem to help at all, but it turns out I was just doing it wrong. I tried the needle nosed pliers way, didn't work. I tried the dental floss trick (many many times), no success. Turns out I found what I consider the easiest way.

I installed everything first, besides the safety. I compressed the BHO spring down with just my fingers, while the BHO itself was flipped upwards and out of the way (but held in place by hammer axis pin). Stuck the trigger axis pin in through while compressing spring. No floss or anything was needed, the axis pin kept the spring in place for the next part. I then used a pick that I bent into a hook under the part of the spring I was going to bring up to the BHO tang. Brought the BHO down into its correct place while simultaneously lifting the hook with the spring above the tang. Done. I wish I had a camera to better show this, I can do this in about a minute.

post-44820-0-29485200-1366236965.jpg

The last thing I did was bend the spring slightly in towards the trigger with needle nosed pliers (I did this after getting everything in place). Without making this adjustment the BHO would fall out every time, and it did at least 5 times... The blurry picture shows a major BHO failure.

post-44820-0-28855800-1366236989_thumb.jpg

post-44820-0-99371000-1366236974.jpg

I've been molesting this thing for the past 20 minutes and it hasn't given yet.

Anyways... it's been a good month for me. Converted the Saiga 12, opened the gas block, opened a couple ports to run some cheaper birdshot, and now FINALLY got that damn BHO in. Besides some more fine tuning and a polish job, I am pretty much done. Now I am happy with this Saiga 12 and I'm not a complete noob about it anymore. I got the mag changes down to a science and can strip this thing down 100%. A huge change from the first day where I couldn't load the thing worth a damn and had trouble putting the bolt back into the bolt carrier blink.png

Thanks all who helped me with my questions, and to all the good information on this site.

post-44820-0-89252700-1366237876_thumb.jpg

post-44820-0-86161600-1366237866_thumb.jpg

I know it's cheap Tapco furniture. Perfect for someone who's cheap like me.

• Like 1