WTS: Saiga 308 converted - Threaded w/ brake + Extras - Dallas/Ft Wort

S308_AllAngle.jpg

Nice, one-owner, low-round count, converted Saiga 308 rifle with extras.

Sold to KRob - Thx $995 Firm - FTF in DFW metro area.

Bill of sale required. It's priced to sell, so please no tire-kickers. Post with "I'll take it" in this thread and follow up with PM. This rifles is posted for sale elsewhere as well. First come, first served. May consider shipping with additional costs if it doesn't sell locally.

I had this rifle put together as a reliable hog hunting/brush gun. The 16” chrome lined barrel is very handy in the woods and I've been pleased with the accuracy. I have shot this rifle out to 400 yards on an 18” steel plate and got 10/10 hits easily with an eotech on top and Monarch steel cased ammo. A few of my friends who shot the same day were amazed at how nice the trigger is (for an AK style rifle) and how easy it was to put shots on target, even with a zero magnification red-dot. It’s just a fun gun to shoot.

Unfortunately I haven’t had any time to hunt in the last couple of years. I hate to let it go, but other projects have my attention so it’s time to send it on to someone else who will enjoy it.

The rifle comes optics ready with original 8 round (converted to 10) and two 20 round magazines. 3 mags total.

CONVERSION DETAILS:

• Tapco G2 trigger group
  • Houge Overmolded Pistol Grip
  • KVAR Stock - NATO length (cleaning kit included)

BONUS FEATURES:

PWS FSC30 Flash Suppressing Compensator ($100 value)

I couldn’t believe how much difference this comp makes. Felt recoil is very similar to 7.62x39, IMHO.

Threaded Muzzle ($200 value)

The threads were precision cut on a lathe by a professional gunsmith to accept a brake, suppressor or flash hider. (5/8x24 RH) The threads were timed perfectly to accept the PWS FSC30.

BP02 quick detach side rail ($60 value)

Purchased from Kalinkaoptics.com several years ago. Low profile quick detach mount. Top rail was milled and centered over the bore. Old holes filled with PC7 and repainted. It's all on the top of the weaver rail so you won't even know with an optic mounted on it.

2 - 20 Round SureFire Magazines ($75-80 value)

I’ve only function tested them and they worked fine. Some marks on top end from being in and out of the gun a couple of times.

I haven’t kept an exact round count on this rifle because I never intended on selling it. However, it is low. My best guess is between 200 and 250. Honestly the majority of the rounds through the rifle have been to check accuracy and functionality with various types of ammo. It has eaten everything I’ve run though it with zero hiccups (including the steel cased lacquer coated stuff). The bore is bright and shiny with sharp rifling. There is absolutely no rust or other corrosion on this rifle that I can find. I have done my best to take good care of it.

There is grip tape on the fore stock. If you don’t want it on there, it’s not permanent and will come off. However, if you get sweaty hands in the summer, you might like it.

Full disclosure: Like any firearm that actually gets used, the rifle does have a few small handling marks… Where the safety lever and gas block lever rotate, sling swivels etc. There is nothing that really sticks out to me, but you be the judge. I’ve done my best to take detailed pictures. The BP02 mount shows more wear than anything else, but it’s all just honest wear from a proven rifle that has been out in the woods a few times.

Bipod in pics was just to hold the rifle up for photos. Not included in sale.

MORE PICS

S308_All.jpg

S308_Left.jpg

S308_Trigger.jpg

S308_LeftReceiver.jpg

S308_Muzzle2.jpg

S308_Muzzle.jpg

S308_Right.jpg

S308_Grip.jpg

S308_RightReceiver.jpg

S308_CleaningKit.jpg

Edited by spitstickler