Good day good people,

I recently acquired a 223 Saiga rifle, and a 308 Saiga rifle. I bought both online, new.

I am relatively new to the larger gun world, and, accordingly, and not totally up on all the gun lingo yet, nor am I technically proficient in general. So please bear with me while I catch up to speed.

I want to add a light to the Saiga 223 rifle. I already have a sight which is this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KKFVRC/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mounted onto a rail here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001F0IA1K/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

OK so I want to add a reliable light that does not blow out which I heard is a possible issue with lights and impact of rounds.

Weight is another issue as I do not like heaviness in rifles, so I want to do this in a way that adds the least amount of weight possible.

I am completely naive as to how to go about doing this. So please help me from the very beginning as to what I need to purchase, what you guys recommend as far as a rail or whatever, what are the best latest lights, where I get anything needed, etc.

And I'm assuming is has to go to a gunsmith since I am generally incapable of doing this type of work on my own?

Please note: I live in New York State. We are allowed only one "military" aspect to a gun. So no matter what needs to be done I cannot add any military aspect to my gun as there is only one allowed in New York State, and I are ready have one with a detachable magazine.

All input and help is sincerely greatly appreciated

Thank you!

Edited by AShotInTheDark1

Stream light tlr1 is a good light. I have one on my shotgun with no issue

Looks like a very good light. It's on Amazon for about 100 bucks. Not that price either.

Okay, if I decide to go with this light, which I think I will, how do I go about attaching it to the rifle? Again I'm not too technical, and I ready have a rail attached to the left rifle side mount, and on the top of the rail is a holographic sight.

If you guys can please direct me to what I need to mount this light I would greatly appreciate it.

I would assume I would then need to take it to a gunsmith and have it mounted? Or do you think somebody like me with little technical experience and ability can mount it?

Thank you

Edited by AShotInTheDark1

The optic mount has two rails on it. One on top for the scope or Eotech and one on the side that can be used for the light. Here is a link with a better view on Carolina Shooter supply. We all try to support our vendors on this forum.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-147/AK47-SIDE-LOW-PROFILE/Detail

With the discount code found in the Carolina Shooter Supply section the price is pretty close in price to the one you posted. You can also get mags that will work for your rifles that are ten rounders. Looks like he's out of stock on the SGM 10rnd 223 mags, but usually things get restocked quickly there. You could get mags and the mount all in one place and save on shipping that way.

The optic mount has two rails on it. One on top for the scope or Eotech and one on the side that can be used for the light. Here is a link with a better view on Carolina Shooter supply. We all try to support our vendors on this forum.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-147/AK47-SIDE-LOW-PROFILE/Detail

With the discount code found in the Carolina Shooter Supply section the price is pretty close in price to the one you posted. You can also get mags that will work for your rifles that are ten rounders. Looks like he's out of stock on the SGM 10rnd 223 mags, but usually things get restocked quickly there. You could get mags and the mount all in one place and save on shipping that way.

Superb info

Thank you

If you go with the stream light it will mount on the side rail the sight rail you mention above.

Liberty: Your opinion please of the Sure Fire lights, as opposed to the one recommeded?

If I go with a Sure Fire, will it also go on side of rail as the Stream Light?

Thanks