Couple new Saiga questions

I just picked up my second S223 and its a little different and I'm wondering why.

First, there's a button on my take down button to disassemble. How come?

And it's dimpled, everything the same but its not RAA like my other, it's legion and there's an extra symbol but it still has the Velcro looking scrapes on the side. What does it mean?

Someone put a S12 recoil spring assembly in your S223. It sometimes happens from the factory.

The recoil spring button design was originally used on grenade-launcher equipped rifles. Launching greandes sometimes caused the recoil spring to pop out. The button prevented this, but also helps prevent it from happening on the shotgun models - so, there you go.

Otherwise, it sounds like you have a different importer. There have been a lot of importer problems in recent years. That's what's under the scrubbed importer "velcro" mark - different importer's name.

Edited by mancat

If you look closely at the velcro patch, especially from an angle viewed under a light, you can sometimes make out the obliterated words.. Chances are that it will actually say Russian American Armory.