Was at the doctor today, so on the way home, I dropped in at my one and only local class 3 shop. The place was barren a month or so ago, but today its overflowing with everything. Overpriced, even more than usual for the dealer, but its full. Spent way too much on gold dot, but I needed it, as I got carried away and shot all my old gold dot. Feel better with HP than target rounds!

Anyway, I know there's been a few of these threads, but this is the first time I had the experience, so I wanted to share.

Oh yeah, Arsenals in x39 were running 1200! Before the SHTF they were about 700. No gun for me!

I hope all these people trying to make a million this year should not be able to sell anything an end up with huge sells coming in the next months.

I know there's one dealer in my town that is nuts in the prices they charge, no one I know buys guns there. They happen to also fishing and archery gear and I know that's the only thing people I know buy there.

On the other hand there's the class 3 dealer and they have never gouged on anything, right now they have pmags for 12 bucks. They have always sold more guns and ammo than the other place. There's a total of 4 gun stores in about a 15 mile radius in my home town, not including pawn shops.

I hope all these people trying to make a million this year should not be able to sell anything an end up with huge sells coming in the next months.

I know there's one dealer in my town that is nuts in the prices they charge, no one I know buys guns there. They happen to also fishing and archery gear and I know that's the only thing people I know buy there.

On the other hand there's the class 3 dealer and they have never gouged on anything, right now they have pmags for 12 bucks. They have always sold more guns and ammo than the other place. There's a total of 4 gun stores in about a 15 mile radius in my home town, not including pawn shops.

Shops that go through more volume are less likely to gouge on their prices. They still might raise prices just so they don't run low on supply due to the shortages... but they usually don't by much. Conversely, those small shops that hardly move anything are the ones that usually raise prices to retarded levels... and it kinda does make sense. If they know they'll only get one black rifle normally per month and they know it will fly off the shelf at MSRP anyway, they're going to double the price just on the off chance someone will buy it before they get more. Reminds me of the local hardware store in my small town... they've had a Super Nintendo priced at like $250 and some games for $100 in the glass case along with some BB guns since about 1994. They've had it so long that its almost now worth that much to a collector to find an unused NIB system.

Shops that go through more volume are less likely to gouge on their prices. They still might raise prices just so they don't run low on supply due to the shortages... but they usually don't by much. Conversely, those small shops that hardly move anything are the ones that usually raise prices to retarded levels... and it kinda does make sense. If they know they'll only get one black rifle normally per month and they know it will fly off the shelf at MSRP anyway, they're going to double the price just on the off chance someone will buy it before they get more. Reminds me of the local hardware store in my small town... they've had a Super Nintendo priced at like $250 and some games for $100 in the glass case along with some BB guns since about 1994. They've had it so long that its almost now worth that much to a collector to find an unused NIB system.

That doesn't explain dirt bags like Cheaper Than Dirt who deal in large volume and take every opportunity to stick it to their customers. Always the oddball I suppose.

That doesn't explain dirt bags like Cheaper Than Dirt who deal in large volume and take every opportunity to stick it to their customers. Always the oddball I suppose.

Cheaper Than Dirt specializes in shitty Chinese bolt-on accessories, low grade camping gear, junk military surplus and ProMag brand magazines. Their regard for their customers is reflected in the kinds of products they offer...

• Like 3

One question about a DD. I have a USAS-12. it was classified as a DD. I was grandfathered, since I bought it before the ban. Did it expire when the AWB expired, or is it forever a DD?

Pretty sure it's always going to be a DD. It's classification didn't have anything to do with the '94 AWB I don't believe.