Well she folds now

After about 10 minutes with a drimmel with a supper fine tip I cut away most of the weld. Then held the release switch and whacked the end of the buttstcok with the palm of my hand 2-3 times and now shes free

IMAG0194.jpg

shots of the damage.

IMAG0193.jpg

IMAG0191.jpg

IMAG0189.jpg

The part to the left most if the silver color is not seen while closed. On the right that is just discolored from the dust. There was actualy only about 3/32" of visable carnage when closed. My blue repair pen was dry so i used black fingernail polish to cover the wounds. I for got to snap a pic of that but will add it.

It is every easy to do just make sure to hold the dremel and dont let the cutter slip or you will not be happy. I used a cone shapped cutter from harbor freight it was in a kit of like 10 cutter for 6 bucks. It tappered from about 3/16 of an inch down to about 1/32 of an inch/ I just slowly made a line where the weld was and then went back and forth in that same groove till it was about 1/16 to 3/32 deep. Then held the folding stock lever and whacked the but stock with the palm of my hand and it popped loose on the 2-3 hit and no I did not use a godzilla face smack whack. just a light bump.

I sitll think you could just whack it with a mallet and it would pop loose but I wanted a grove for the brake to follow.