First time shooting it

Well I went out and gave it hell :)

25 rounds 2 3/4 rem 00buckshot no prioblems

12 round mag dump of rem slugs No problems other than a sore shoulder but what are you going to do when friends dare you

put 50 rounds of 00 and 25 of the slugs and 30 or so round of #8 below

I tried some 2 3/4 #8 1120 fps and had a lot of fail to eject most of the time the shell was still fully in the gun and the plastic was smashed into the chamber.Simply pull the bolt back and it would fall out. It had no problems with the 5 round stock mag. using the 12 round aftermarket if I did not have a SOLID cheek and shoulder weld it would fail to eject. I am not 100% sure that is the cause but it seemed to be. So I figure that it was absorbing some of the recoil by not having a super tight lock on the shoulder.

It may also get better with more rounds through it. Over all I love it and not really worried about the #8 not working well I don't plan on using it as a hunting weapon although It will be cool if it cycles better after a couple hundred rounds.

I would blame the aftermarket mags but it was not a loading problem but an ejection problem.

Most people agree than once you get below 1200fps for any semi auto it starts getting "hairy". At 1120fps you are barely (only about 5 or so fps) above super sonic. The carrier, bolt, and op rod have substantial weight that has to move and with that little amount of force compared to more substantial ammo it just doesnt have the "gumption" to get the job done.

The good news is mine did cycle super crappy ammo after a few initial FTE's

Keep trying and see what happens.

Edited by menace667
  • Like 1