3 replies to this topic

#1 Mountain Man

Mountain Man

The Question Guy

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

I might take the plunge and grab another Vepr 308, this time the version 1 20" squareback. For 850 do you think it is a good deal? I know centerfire has them for 1k+ but I am trying to weigh this purchase vs the next shipment of Veprs in late summer or fall but I dont know if they will be more or less expensive when 1500+ Veprs hit the shore in a couple months. What do you think?

The most trite and tired notion among AK owners, is that you somehow need to keep or make your AK proper, correct, or original. This is America not the Combloc, we don't need to conform, assimilate, or suckle the teat of those who would oppose original ideas.

#2 liberty -r- death

liberty -r- death

I walk where the devil dances. . .

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

I might take the plunge and grab another Vepr 308, this time the version 1 20" squareback. For 850 do you think it is a good deal? I know centerfire has them for 1k+ but I am trying to weigh this purchase vs the next shipment of Veprs in late summer or fall but I dont know if they will be more or less expensive when 1500+ Veprs hit the shore in a couple months. What do you think?

A sale for the 308 20" just started at the place you mentioned for just over $700.

- even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while -
- Obuhmer won the election, we're fucked, keep on prepping -

#3 Mountain Man

Mountain Man

The Question Guy

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:40 PM

A sale for the 308 20" just started at the place you mentioned for just over $700.

Holy hell, those are smoking deals, wow...

The most trite and tired notion among AK owners, is that you somehow need to keep or make your AK proper, correct, or original. This is America not the Combloc, we don't need to conform, assimilate, or suckle the teat of those who would oppose original ideas.

#4 leadslinger

leadslinger

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:26 AM

yep just picked one up.  still not like the deals last year when they were getting rid of their stock of slant receivers .  still bets thing going.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, favorite beverage in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WAA HOO - What a Ride!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users