Vepr 12 Spare Parts

Recently I have been wondering about spare parts for the Vepr 12 and wanted to find out if there is a source out there for parts like bolts, carriers, extractors and other internal parts?

I love my Vepr 12, I was just kind thinking if I keep it for 20 years and one day it breaks down, I do not want to be SOL after sinking and have a 2k-3K awesome club...

Just trying to find a solution, also wondering if Saiga 12 parts will work? Thanks guys.

As with the Saiga series, parts are not readily available. As of now your only hope is that someone seriously messes theirs up and sells the rest as spare parts and you are fortunate enough to get some.

There are now aftermarket carriers available for Saigas but they are prohibitively expensive (half the cost of a new gun i think). Not to say that the maker is gouging since the cost to make "one off" parts can not be cheap.

I would say though that since they were designed to be used with russian high brass ammo the true odds of you shootin out your carrier or bolt withou some weird malfunction are low. The possibility of springs and such wearing out seems much more likely, or losing something. Those who do gas system modifications may (i am not a rocket surgeon so do not quote me) have a higher likelihood of carrier breakage than a standard gun since the actions and internals are not as they were meant to be.

In the Saiga shotguns, most people experienced malfunctins most often with the op rod. Ifthis begins with the VEPR i wpuld assume we would see them hit the market very quickly since the intricacies in making them are nothing like a bolt or precision part. Very seldom a carrier would crack where it met the op rod, bit i think carriers are a long ways off unless we get them imported or someone with a lot of money and a CNC/ lathe/ shop gets bored one day (or if someone devises a way to make quick cash off them)