Need a new top cover, any suggestions?

Hey guys! Long story short I'm in need of a new top cover (dust cover) for my saiga 12. I wanted to have a rear HK sight welded to the dust cover. I took it to a friend of mine and long story short he got it too hot and melted through the cover. He felt bad and tried to fix it but it's beyond repair I think.

Anyway, anyone know where I can find a new one?

JDEERE,

I MAY STAND TO BE CORRECTED, BUT I'M THINKING ANY AK RECEIVER COVER SHOULD FIT, BUT IF IT'S NOT OFF AN S-12, YOU'LL HAVE TO TRIM THE EJECTION PORT AREA TO THE SAME DIMENSIONS AS THAT OF THE S-12 COVER.

K-VAR SELLS A VARIETY OF THEM, IF YOU CAN'T FIND ONE LOCALLY.

JESS1344

Edited by JESS1344

JDEERE,

I MAY STAND TO BE CORRECTED, BUT I'M THINKING ANY AK RECEIVER COVER SHOULD FIT, BUT IF IT'S NOT OFF AN S-12, YOU'LL HAVE TO TRIM THE EJECTION PORT AREA TO THE SAME DIMENSIONS AS THAT OF THE S-12 COVER.

K-VAR SELLS A VARIETY OF THEM, IF YOU CAN'T FIND ONE LOCALLY.

JESS1344

Thanks for the idea Jess! I actually didn't think of that as I just assumed that a non-saiga12 cover wouldn't fit but it may work. I'll look into that, thanks again.

JDEERE,

I ONCE PUT A PARABELLUM ARMAMENT RAILED TOP COVER ON A 'X54R VEPR, WHICH IS THE SAME BASIC RECEIVER AS THE S-12, AND IT WENT RIGHT ON WITH NO PROBLEM, FIT-WISE.

I JUST HAD TO TRIM THE EJECTION PORT AREA FARTHER TO THE REAR, AND HIGHER UP, TO CLEAR THE LONGER/FATTER CARTRIDGE.

IN FACT IF YOU DON'T MIND SPENDING THE EXTRA MONEY, YOU COULD GET A PARABELLUM TOP COVER AND FIND A WEAVER/PICATINNEY COMPATABLE REAR PEEP, AND GO THAT WAY.

XSSIGHTS.COM MAY HAVE SOMETHING..........

JESS1344

JDEERE,

ONE THING I ALMOST FORGOT, IF YOU DO GO WITH THE PARABELLUM ITEM, YOU'LL NEED TO REMOVE THE LITTLE DUST COVER THINGIE FROM THE RECOIL SPRING ASSEMBLY, ELSE THE REAR EDGE OF IT WILL IMPACT THE ANCHOR FOR THE PIECE THAT ENGAGES THE RAIL ON TOP.

I HAD TO DO THAT ON THE 'X54R VEPR.

I SUPPOSE YOU COULD TRIM A SUFFICIENT AMOUNT OFF THE REAR EDGE OF IT, OR CUT A SLOT, SUFFICIENTLY WIDE AND DEEP, SO THAT IT WOULDNT STRIKE THE ANCHOR, AT FULL RECOIL; I DIDN'T EXPERIMENT WITH THAT, I JUST TOOK IT OFF.

JESS1344

Edited by JESS1344

TONY,

NOT TO ARGUE WITH THE MASTER, BUT HERE'S MY S-12, WITH A PARABELLUM RECEIVER COVER I SLAPPED ON IT, TO SEE IF IT WOULD FIT.

JESS1344

post-45478-0-61325600-1374695681_thumb.jpg

PARABELLUM TOP COVER WITH TOP PIECE

REMOVED, SO AS TO CLEAR THE SIDE MOUNT.

post-45478-0-12817400-1374695866_thumb.jpg

RIGHT SIDE VIEW.

post-45478-0-64004500-1374696009_thumb.jpg

YOU'LL NEED TO TRIM THAT CORNER AT

AN ANGLE, TO MATCH THE SAIGA COVER.

YOU CAN FORCE IT, BUT WHY.

post-45478-0-24241500-1374696187_thumb.jpg

LIKE SO; THIS IS THE STOCK SAIGA-12

TOP COVER.

TONY,

NOT TO ARGUE WITH THE MASTER, BUT HERE'S MY S-12, WITH A PARABELLUM RECEIVER COVER I SLAPPED ON IT, TO SEE IF IT WOULD FIT.

JESS1344

attachicon.gifDSCI1928.JPG

PARABELLUM TOP COVER WITH TOP PIECE

REMOVED, SO AS TO CLEAR THE SIDE MOUNT.

attachicon.gifDSCI1939.JPG

RIGHT SIDE VIEW.

attachicon.gifDSCI1931.JPG

YOU'LL NEED TO TRIM THAT CORNER AT

AN ANGLE, TO MATCH THE SAIGA COVER.

YOU CAN FORCE IT, BUT WHY.

attachicon.gifDSCI1942.JPG

LIKE SO; THIS IS THE STOCK SAIGA-12

TOP COVER.

Thanks Jess for the pictures that helped greatly. Kinda curious, I wonder if Parabellum designed this on purpose to fit both AK and saiga12

JDEERE,

PROBABLY NOT, I THINK IT JUST WORKED OUT THAT WAY, AS APPARENTLY ALL THE AK TOP COVERS ARE THE SAME DIMENSIONALLY, EXCEPT FOR THINGS LIKE THE LARGER EJECTION PORT OPENING ON THE 'X54R AND 12GA. GUNS, AND THAT ANGLED CORNER, AS PICTURED ABOVE.

THE YUGO AK'S MAY BE THE EXCEPTION, AS I'VE READ THAT IN SOME AREAS THEY DIFFER DIMENSIONALLY FROM THE REST.

JESS1344

TONY,

TRY ONE OUT SOME TIME, I'VE PUT ABOUT 10 OF THEM ON DIFFERENT 'X39 AK RIFLES, PISTOLS (THE C39 CENTURIONS BY CENTURY) AND ONE 'X54R VEPR.

JESS1344

Edited by JESS1344