Saiga 12 Promag 10rnd drum issues.

Hello,

Im sorry and im sure there are more threads on this but i started a new one anyways.

I bought this off a person on calguns and he said it was like new. Well I tried it out a week ago and it shot a couple

then wouldnt feed properly. I basically took it out and stopped using it. I thought I had read that the 10rnd drum from

Promag was the only reliable mag?

Anyhow, is there a simple way to fix the problem without taking it apart?

Otherwise I may just sell to someone and disclose the problem, perhaps someone on here knows

how to fix it easily and wouldnt mind buying from me at a discount price of course?

Thankyou.

Do the rounds load very easily or are they extra tight. You may need to open it and either unwind it a full rotation or tighten it one. I just got three of the 20rd drums. I found a piece of plastic loose in one so I opened them all up. It was pretty easy to do once you know how it works.

I am assuming the 10rd drum is exactly the same as the 20s I have. If so the info below may help.

Remove the center bolt and with a slotted (flat) screwdriver slowly push the latches off of the lips they are on. Once the backplate is off to wind or unwind, you remove the piece of plastic that rest on the upper feed, it slides right out towards you. Be careful to hold both the center wheel and the outer piece as it is under pressure from the spring. Now you can either turn one full rotation to tighten or loosen if that is your problem.

• 2 weeks later...