First off, I tried posting in the "Reviews" section but couldn't so here it is.

The part arrived in a timely fashion and appeared to be very well made and finished. At first I didn't fully understand how adapter worked but after getting in touch with TAKD, Nathan called me (his dime) and straightened me out. Once I understood how it should fit (under the grip screw nut) I inserted the part into the end of the receiver.

post-41803-0-79920100-1376607342_thumb.jpg

But the hole in the adapter didn't line up with the interior hole on the MAK-90 as can be seen in the photo above. It was obvious that the hole was not aligned correctly at the factory. I guess with the original thumbhole stock being wood this was not a big deal. I used a drill to open the hole up some and then the cap head screw that came with the adapter fit as it should.

post-41803-0-28409000-1376607462_thumb.jpg

post-41803-0-47391600-1376607463_thumb.jpg

post-41803-0-68565000-1376607464_thumb.jpg

After the grip screw was tightened the whole thing is very solid. I installed a milspec tube, tightened the castle nut and added a Magpul CTR stock.

post-41803-0-10071400-1376607524_thumb.jpg

I'm very pleased with how this turned out. I didn't add this setup just to get AR parts on my MAK-90. I did it because I like the idea of being able to put any stock that will fit a milspec tube on the rifle if I want to or need to.

Throughout this little project the communications and customer services from Texas AK Designs was top notch and I'd have no problem dealing with them again in the future.

Didn't mention that I added sling adapter from Carolina Shooters Supply.

Edited by Squishy
  • Like 2

Let me add to this review for converted Saigas.

If your receiver holes are not welded you will have to do a little drilling.

The adapter slides past the old trigger rivets, and the hole plugs will block the adapter from sliding all the way in.

Simply remove the plugs, install and secure the adapter, drill into the adapter just deep enough to install new plugs.You do not need to drill all the way through the adapter.

Cheek weld seems much improved over my CAA & Warsaw style stocks.

Edited by Jet

My adapter came with holes drilled and tapped on the legs where the reciever plugs would be located. Presumably to use 10/32 screws, or 8/24, I haven't checked it yet. I have not test fit it onto a weapon yet. It is a very nice high quality piece. I like the addition of those 4 screws, even if they don't support much, far better than plastic plugs. I will use 4 button head allen screws. It makes for a more secure mount. This is a nice option to the fixed stock, or the folding stock.

• Like 2

My adapter came with holes drilled and tapped on the legs where the reciever plugs would be located. Presumably to use 10/32 screws, or 8/24, I haven't checked it yet. I have not test fit it onto a weapon yet. It is a very nice high quality piece. I like the addition of those 4 screws, even if they don't support much, far better than plastic plugs. I will use 4 button head allen screws. It makes for a more secure mount. This is a nice option to the fixed stock, or the folding stock.

Mine didn't come drilled for the screws. I should have dilled. a #10 and tapped it.

Nathan did ask what I was putting it on, and maybe sent the wrong one.

Some were drilled, some not. We were experimenting with adding the drilled and tapped holes as a convenience for the installer. Should they want to.

Ultimately It was something phased in.

Jet if you want to send it back I will swap it for one with holes. But we did not send hardware to fill those holes or an allen wrench. (To the dismay of one new member who got one swapped.)

Nathan

Some were drilled, some not. We were experimenting with adding the drilled and tapped holes as a convenience for the installer. Should they want to.

Jet if you want to send it back I will swap it for one with holes. But we did not send hardware to fill those holes or an allen wrench. (To the dismay of one new member who got one swapped.)

Nathan

I've already drilled and installed this one. If it was sent it back it you couldn't resell it, so I'll keep it.

Now on the other hand you would be willing to sell me one at the same introductory price, I'll buy another one.big_smile.gif

Hardware is no problems as we order screws by the tens of thousands at work. One( or four) may just follow me home from work.haha.gif

SOME PEOPLE! Why would anyone order a CUSTOM part, and expect the manufacturer to supply the tools to install it? Seriously? An Allen wrench. GOOD God, people, if you don't have an allen wrench set, Metric and standard, you don't need to be working on anything. One doesn't go buy a replacement water pump for their car, and get a free tool set with purchase. Why should this be any different? You don't buy a plastic model of a car, and get free paint and glue. ETC, ad nauseum... I just don't get some people. AK Designs rocks.

• Like 1

Nathan

I've already drilled and installed this one. If it was sent it back it you couldn't resell it, so I'll keep it.

Now on the other hand you would be willing to sell me one at the same introductory price, I'll buy another one.big_smile.gif

Hardware is no problems as we order screws by the tens of thousands at work. One( or four) may just follow me home from work.haha.gif

We can do that too....

Nathan

We can do that too....

ready to order......check your PM.