I picked up my X-mas present to myself today! I traded one of my converted S-12s for a cherry preban Norinco 84S in original box with all accs. She looks brand new! Now I have two AKs in .223! The Saiga will love the company and my other Egyptian/Chinese AK (Maadi MISR) will too. Just can't have enough AKs! Now I just need to find some 5.56x45 AK mags that will work in it. It came with two but I heard somewhere that the Chinese AKs will only take Chinese .223 mags. Any truth to that? What about bakelites?

:xmas::devil:

I picked up my X-mas present to myself today! I traded one of my converted S-12s for a cherry preban Norinco 84S in original box with all accs. She looks brand new! Now I have two AKs in .223! The Saiga will love the company and my other Egyptian/Chinese AK (Maadi MISR) will too. Just can't have enough AKs! Now I just need to find some 5.56x45 AK mags that will work in it. It came with two but I heard somewhere that the Chinese AKs will only take Chinese .223 mags. Any truth to that? What about bakelites?

:xmas::devil:

COBRA,

Well Merry Christmas. Looks like Santa was better to you than me. Of course I'm naturally surly so that makes sense. :lolol:

The closest I got to any gun stuff for Christmas was I ordered a couple of AK MOJO sights. :cryss:

I don't know about the mag question but have you tried a Bulgy in .223? :unsure:

Wolvie

Yes I did try one of my Bulgies. I didn't think it would fit tight after I modded it for my Saiga but it fits very tight. Actually a litle too tight. The Chinese mags are skinnier. I think the Bulgies could be made to work but just like the steel galils, they would need a bullet guide added to the front. When you strip a round from the mag it hits below the breech just a little. The galils are too fat to even go in there.

I'll see if I can get some decent pics tomorrow.