Do you have an AK and a Vepr 12 ?

If you have - you may be able to help with some research.

I have been looking at the Iron Hammer rear trunnion. It has two holes designed to match the standard AK and a third hole which ( if you use it on AK ) you need to drill the receiver for.

I was wondering if the two holes on the standard AK are in the same place / same distance apart etc as the two on the Vepr with fixed stock.

Or if you have the Vepr folder, you will have three holes - what is the distance of the third hole from the two in the normal AK position ?

post-48365-0-96757400-1384012773.jpg

I do but before I measure, you need to take into account that the V12 uses a thicker receiver which would require a thinner trunnion. Machining may (most likely will) need to be done for that piece to fit.

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 1

Fixed stock V12 the trunnion holes if measured in a straight line from upper rivet over to the lower rivet, center to center they are approximately 1.14" apart. On a Saiga (7.62x39) rifle, they measure 1.36" apart.   

What you want to do is feasible but would require machining the trunnion for width and welding up the receiver so you can punch new holes to match the new trunnion. As it sits, no way would it fit.

Edited by Mullet Man

I guess I was being hopeful !!

I have mentioned Vepr 12 to the folks at Iron Man - who knows, maybe they will make one dedicated one day ?

Thanks for the measuring - appreciate it.

Hopefuly someone will come along with measurements for the folder too ?