saiga 12 factory folding stock question

what's up guys, i'm the owner of a short saiga 12, original factory folding stock, so the problem is i'm such a big dude, the original folding stock is solid but not very practical for me, i need a advice for adapting a M4 style stock, i think about a milspec tube with a magpul CTR (cheek riser on it). My problem is i can't find any "adapter" for this. A lot of web shop sell rear assembly for non converted saiga, but a never seen any pieces for (exemple) taking a ACE but plate at the place of the original folding stock.

(sorry for my english and sorry again for the burry picture, but my dslr is out of battery i'm using my gopro in low light)

the setup of my saiga;

barrel cut and rethreaded with a Cnc lathe

4 gas port drill

autoplug

utg pro quad rail

magpul rail protect

eotech 412

fab defence pistol grip

rear buffer (i never got any issue with it)

Streamlight tlr light

fab defence angled fore grip (i own a magpul too, but the fab feel better)

post-45331-0-47504800-1384296813_thumb.jpg

post-45331-0-28725800-1384296819_thumb.jpg

post-45331-0-51984400-1384296824_thumb.jpg

post-45331-0-20242900-1384296830_thumb.jpg

Edited by ravenx386

I don't know of any AR adapter to fit a 100 series folder. If you want more length of pull you could always add a factory rubber butt pad. Russiansurplus.net has some for sale.

Curious, what flash hider do you have there and what length of barrel? Looks like a nice practical length SBS to me.

Did you shorten the barrel, is it a SBS now?  I would say your best bet is to sell or trade your S12, with the factory folder there really aren't options for different length stocks.  I would think that with that factory folder you should be able to sell your S12 at a premium to someone.

• Like 1

I don't know of any AR adapter to fit a 100 series folder. If you want more length of pull you could always add a factory rubber butt pad. Russiansurplus.net has some for sale.

Curious, what flash hider do you have there and what length of barrel? Looks like a nice practical length SBS to me.

the flash hider is from midway usa http://www.midwayusa.com/product/966305/doublestar-saiga-enforcer-muzzle-brake-m22x75-thread-saiga-12-gauge-steel-matte

the lenght of the barrel, serioulsy i doesn't know exactly, i just save +/- 10cm after the handguard for reliability issue and for safetly (not for the law, here there is no concrete rules for the weapon length), mark the limit put the barrel out of the receiver, cut and thread it in the machine shop of a good friend.

Did you shorten the barrel, is it a SBS now?  I would say your best bet is to sell or trade your S12, with the factory folder there really aren't options for different length stocks.  I would think that with that factory folder you should be able to sell your S12 at a premium to someone.

I'm in Belgium, the rules about SBS weapons doesn't really exist

So, thanks for your responses, i think about modify the existing stock with a custom cheek rest OR changing the rear trunnion of my saiga with ace adaptor. Any body know good ACE base trunion made of STEEL ? (important for tig welding)

• Like 1

PZ has definitely shown pictures of a buffer tube pignose adapter on a molot hinge.

I know Molot has them but I have never seen on on a 100 series.

the flash hider is from midway usa http://www.midwayusa.com/product/966305/doublestar-saiga-enforcer-muzzle-brake-m22x75-thread-saiga-12-gauge-steel-matte

the lenght of the barrel, serioulsy i doesn't know exactly, i just save +/- 10cm after the handguard for reliability issue and for safetly (not for the law, here there is no concrete rules for the weapon length), mark the limit put the barrel out of the receiver, cut and thread it in the machine shop of a good friend.

I'm in Belgium, the rules about SBS weapons doesn't really exist

So, thanks for your responses, i think about modify the existing stock with a custom cheek rest OR changing the rear trunnion of my saiga with ace adaptor. Any body know good ACE base trunion made of STEEL ? (important for tig welding)

Ahhhh, Belgium. That explains it.

I still think your easiest way to add length of pull will to be to install a factory buttpad. This will allow you to keep the sweet 100 series folder. See photo for better explanation.

4c408aa1ebaebcc3f4efa68137d35b6a_zps88ff

• Like 1