Yugo M92 Pistol SBR Conversion w/ Side Folder

I am wondering if anyone has put a Russian side folder on one of these Yugo M92 AK pistols? 

http://centerfiresystems.com/HG3089-N.aspx

I know that the rear trunnion rivet holes are different, but i can weld up the old rivet holes no problem.  My main concern is the angle already cut into the rear of the reciever from the factory.  Does anyone know what angle this is?  I think the Russian side folder has somewhere around a 4 degree stock angle so I need to know if the Yugo M92 factory reciever angle is more or less than the Russian.

My other idea is to add a "weld on" Tromix reciever plate to the back of reciever and then just bolt on an Ace folder or something similar.  Once again though, I would need to know what the angle is to make sure the stock would fit my shoulder like the rest of my rifles.  I really like the Russian sidefolder angle and want all my guns to match.

it doesn't matter, the only difference between Bulgarian and Russian is the pivot hinge pin size.

the receiver has more material than is needed, the angle at the rear is irrelevant - you'll be removing material from there regardless.

if you can find either type as a complete assembly, the M92 can be modified to accept it. I was looking at doing it until I decided to just keep it original to the Yugo design, so I ordered a virgin M92 underfolder stock /w hardware and UF trunnion.

AK Builder currently has complete reproduction Bulgarian triangle stock sets: http://ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30258

See this thread on AKfiles for the build info on the rifle pictured above.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164375

as far as attaching any other stock, the rear angle of the receiver/trunnion is fairly severe when compared to square-cut receivers. some people have mounted the ACE block right to the trunnion without issues, while others seem bothered by the angle. you won't know until you try it yourself.

Edited by mancat

it doesn't matter, the only difference between Bulgarian and Russian is the pivot hinge pin

You are incorrect. While the Bulgarian 4.5mm folders have a 6 degree stock angle the Russian 5.5mm folders only have a 4 degree stock angle. Those angles are estimated because I don't remember exact numbers, but they are different. The Russian being more inline with the bore with less angle. That is why it DOES matter what the Yugo M92 rear angle is because it may already be cut to steep for the Russian 5.5mm kit. I have no problem removing more material, but it's much harder to add.

didn't know that. the Bulgarian parts work fine, I would use those unless you already have the Russian parts sitting around

Just like you mentioned. I have already purchased the Russian 5.5mm kits.  Not to mention my other rifles have the same folders so I would like to keep them all the same if you know what I mean.

I remember reading somewhere, the same thing about trunnion angle. But I can't remember if its the difference between Bulgarian and Russian or 4.5 and 5.5mm pins when they changed the angles....Russians used 4.5mm pins at one point too.

All 4.5mm kits SHOULD have the same angle regardless of country.  The newer Russian 5.5mm kits have an improved stock angle more inline with the bore.

The back plate is really thin, except where the trunnion is, which would put your ace stock too high and would look funny. Yea you could drill and tap, but you'll only have one or two threads holding your stock on.

Edited by poolingmyignorance