TROMIX ordering list opens at Midnight tonight !!

Welp I think I clicked submit at 12:03 AM so lets hope I get a call around July, or maybe if I come up sooner than that I can ask to be kept on the list but pushed further back. Im sure someone somewhere dying for their new gun would be grateful.

I dunno even for sure what I want yet and I have a few questions still yet. Ill probably buy another 12 just for the Tromix conversion if possible. I don't really want the 22" one I have to be a Tromix, it took me forever to find a long barreled one.

Has anyone received confirmation yet?  I ordered at midnight + 5 seconds central time and nothing yet.  The instructions do say it can take 3 days... guess I'll have to give it until Saturday.  My first one is great and I really want the s17.  I hope I get in, otherwise I'll have to go with this Leupold Mark 4.

• Like 1

Thanks.  I'll just have to cross my fingers.  I had filled out the form and waited with 2 web based clocks and my cell phone to be sure it was 12 central.  I just hope the web server took the time I clicked submit and not the time I filled out the form, and their web server is synchronized with the time servers.  Perhaps I've over thought this.  exciting.gif Good luck.

Thanks, you too.  I'm not really sure how I'll know I didn't make it, except I don't hear back.  Is that pretty much it?  The last time I ordered was in 2010 and I don't remember how that went aside from the fact that I was told I was in and like 4-6 months later, i think it was, I sent in my gun.  It doesn't really matter to me how long it takes to get it done, as long as I know I'm in line.

• Like 1

Yep I got it. Like I said I submitted at 1203am and the approximate lead time they quoted is 7 months. Which is pretty ideal to what I was hoping for but I can't imagine waiting that long otherwise. Hopefully at that time finances will be better and Ill have bought my wife some new furniture so she can climb down out of my ass.............................

I'm right around that time, too.  The way I'm told ATF is dragging on form 4 (one of the gun shop owners here said form 3 can take up to 30 days and form 4 is taking 6 months).  we should have our firearms in hand by some time summer 2015.

I should probably edit this and mention it's worth the wait.  Didn't mean to come off the wrong way.

Edited by Hornsj2

Patience, patience..........

Just remember that at the end point of the process, you'll have in your hands the baddest-ass piece of lead delivery equipment in shotgun form that's available on the planet !!

It just doesn't get any better than a TROMIX weapon..................

Congrats to those who made the list.......You're gonna love it !!

• Like 2

I'm right around that time, too.  The way I'm told ATF is dragging on form 4 (one of the gun shop owners here said form 3 can take up to 30 days and form 4 is taking 6 months).  we should have our firearms in hand by some time summer 2015.

I will probably be going with the basic package, I think it starts at 495$ or so. Although I would like a couple of other of their options added to it like the tri rail and the top rail, but I don't know if thats possible or not. I really don't have the desire or need for an SBR.

I need a little help. I have an unfired Saiga-12 that will be converted in the future. Question... is it a real pain in the ass to generate the paperwork to have it converted into an SBR?

Thanks

You would probably get a lot more responses and help if you posted this in a topic of its own, otherwise a lot of guys won't see it.

Patience, patience..........

Just remember that at the end point of the process, you'll have in your hands the baddest-ass piece of lead delivery equipment in shotgun form that's available on the planet !!

It just doesn't get any better than a TROMIX weapon..................

Congrats to those who made the list.......You're gonna love it !!

Yeah I love my S06 and the S17 is going to be even more fun to shoot. 

I will probably be going with the basic package, I think it starts at 495$ or so. Although I would like a couple of other of their options added to it like the tri rail and the top rail, but I don't know if thats possible or not. I really don't have the desire or need for an SBR.

The basic package would be worth the wait too, and there's a much shorter wait time for that since you don't need the ATF paperwork.   My other is an S06 and it will eat anything.  These are the best saiga  conversions out there.

Edited by Hornsj2

I need a little help. I have an unfired Saiga-12 that will be converted in the future. Question... is it a real pain in the ass to generate the paperwork to have it converted into an SBR?

Thanks

Like JaredC said, you might want to make this a topic.  This will be my first Form 4 but I'm told it really depends on your local law enforcement, or trust if you go that route.  I live in a small town and the Chief (CLEO) is going to sign.  If your CLEO will sign then basically I think the standard for passing is the same as any firearms transfer on a 4473.

Edit.   Plus fingerprints and photo etc.  Your local Class 3 dealer should baby step you through this.

Edited by Hornsj2

Thanks

Like JaredC said, you might want to make this a topic.  This will be my first Form 4 but I'm told it really depends on your local law enforcement, or trust if you go that route.  I live in a small town and the Chief (CLEO) is going to sign.  If your CLEO will sign then basically I think the standard for passing is the same as any firearms transfer on a 4473.

Edit.   Plus fingerprints and photo etc.  Your local Class 3 dealer should baby step you through this.

Thanks!

Thanks

The paperwork isn't that big a deal, but getting a short rifled barrel that would qualify it as an SBR might be - I don't think a rifled 12-gauge barrel would suffice, so you'd have to rework the whole weapon to function with a different cartridge.

But if you wanted to make it an SBS, the paperwork is way less of a worry than all the specialized labor.

I would really like to have Tony's S17-Tromix option, Just not certain what it would take not being Gobmint or LEO.

It will take the ability to pass the background check + fingerprints + CLEO sign off or trust + passport size photos + Form 4 + Form 3 (if buying something out of state).

Edited by Hornsj2

I would really like to have Tony's S17-Tromix option, Just not certain what it would take not being Gobmint or LEO.

It will take the ability to pass the background check + fingerprints + CLEO sign off or trust + passport size photos + Form 4 + Form 3 (if buying something out of state).

Thanks a million.